GO!

How am i gonna adjust to a new everything??!!

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Bailey

Bailey

Purred: Thu Nov 15, '07 10:49pm PST 
Well it's official....all this talk mommys been giving me about moving to a new house is true. We're leaving in a few days thinking I'm not quite sure how I feel about this...i've never moved anywhere!! Except into mommys apartment when she rescued me. I think Mommys just as scared as I am...because shes running around throwing everything into the boxes that were meant for ME to play in!!! How rude!shock

She told me she got me some medicine from the V-E-T thats gonna make me a little sleepy for the long ride down there because I get VERY ANGRY when i'm in the car. red face So i'm not stressin that....but I don't know how I'm gonna like this new house...supposedly there's gonna be a Grandpa & Grandma there!!! (What is THAT!?) Aaaannd....mommy told me I'm gonna have a new cat-cousin too! shock I really hope we get along but I hear she's kinda a crabby old lady sometimes shh

Mommy keeps telling me about the house...so I think she's nervous that I'm gonna get depressed and not adjust to it because the only that's gonna have furniture and stuff that I'm gonna recognize is her bedroom...since it's her Mommy and Daddys house that we're moving in to! So i think she's kinda scared and wonders how to help me adjust to my new surroundings?? She got some advice from someone else's mommy on here to keep me in a room by myself and all my stuff for a few days...and I cant believe it...but she said shes gonna do it!!!!!! eek

Soo I wonder if anyone has any advice to calm my mommy and me down...because we're both kinda nervous about this big move...and I dont wanna be a grouch or depressed in my new house....soo what else can mommy do to make sure I adjust to everything ok and still be my fun, friendly self ??!! Please help bc shes getting worse...(she JUST put ALL my toys...IN....A....BOX!!!!) confused

Thanks friends!waveway to go
[notify]

♥- Spider

The- Power of- Three

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '07 3:51pm PST 
Hi Bailey! We feel for you...As some of our old posts reflect, we didn't used to be great traveling companions, but those wonder-meds really changed things for us. Yes, while the meds take effect & until they wear off, we look/act a little "drunk" (whatever that means...) however, we seem to travel FAR better & feel more soothed than without them...

...As to your new adjustments, all we can say is best wishes & good luck. Although we're not the best traveling companions, we were great house guests...We think that as long as you know where your food, water, litter box & mom is, you just might enjoy exploring new hiding spots!?? We hope that you take time meeting your new cousin & can learn to get along or at least tolerate eachother...This introduction period could effect your relationship. From our experience (which isn't very much!) it took us about 1-2 months to really be able to relax around a new kitty family member.

Best wishes!!!
♥Spider & Family
[notify]

Sam

Rub my belly!

Purred: Thu Nov 22, '07 6:01pm PST 
Sam had moved twice and Hunter once. They both adjusted really well, which makes me think you shouldn't worry too much. Sam actually likes moving because it means a new place to explore and have fun in. Hunter is a lot shyer, and had a little bit harder time when we moved to VA (they also hadn't officially lived together before that.) We set him up in his own room with all of his stuff and when he started showing interest in the rest of the house we just left his door open and let him explore at his own pace. In just a few days he was excited to explore and running all over the place, but he always goes back to his room and chills out when we have strangers over or he gets overwhelmed.
If you're nervous he might pick up on it and it could make him more nervous. I would try not to worry too much and see how he reacts. If you haven't had it done I would consider getting him micro chipped. I think each of theirs was about $50 to get it implanted and register it and its always made me feel better. That way if they ever sneak out and get lost in a new place I have a better chance of finding them again.
If you're moving to a bigger house with more people this might be ideal for him, as he can have more space to run around and more people to pay attention to him!
[notify]

Sam

Rub my belly!

Purred: Thu Nov 22, '07 6:04pm PST 
Sam had moved twice and Hunter once. They both adjusted really well, which makes me think you shouldn't worry too much. Sam actually likes moving because it means a new place to explore and have fun in. Hunter is a lot shyer, and had a little bit harder time when we moved to VA (they also hadn't officially lived together before that.) We set him up in his own room with all of his stuff and when he started showing interest in the rest of the house we just left his door open and let him explore at his own pace. In just a few days he was excited to explore and running all over the place, but he always goes back to his room and chills out when we have strangers over or he gets overwhelmed.
If you're nervous he might pick up on it and it could make him more nervous. I would try not to worry too much and see how he reacts. If you haven't had it done I would consider getting him micro chipped. I think each of theirs was about $50 to get it implanted and register it and its always made me feel better. That way if they ever sneak out and get lost in a new place I have a better chance of finding them again.
If you're moving to a bigger house with more people this might be ideal for him, as he can have more space to run around and more people to pay attention to him!
[notify]