GO!

Our Neighbor

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

CAThy

To Err Is- Feline But It- Feels Devine!

Purred: Wed Sep 27, '06 3:35pm PST 
Hi Everyone,
Mom, dad, my brother and I are concerned:
Our neighbor across the hall from our apartment complex has a cat. Now, mom and dad noticed that the cat has been alone in their place for like a week now. We noticed since the food places here wedge leaflets of their restaurants, their flyer is still stuck on their door indicating that no one has been home for a week.

Last night, we saw the cat on the window, wanting to cuddle and we worry if it still has food left.

Our question is how long can cats be left on their own? Because mom is planning on calling the manager for the apartment to see if the owner of the cat has left town or something.

Please pray all will be well!
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Wed Sep 27, '06 3:47pm PST 
Hmmmmm. I don't know how long we can last alone. My mom has a friend who once went away for a week and even though mom offered many, many times to come take care of her kitties she said she just leaves lots of food all over. Her cats are ok so I don't know. Mom doesn't leave us overnight without someone visiting us.

I think it is a good idea to chat with the apartment manager. That person will have contact information on your neighbor and can at least call them and find out when they are coming back.

Good luck!
[notify]

CAThy

Purred: Wed Sep 27, '06 4:48pm PST 
Hi Diego, thanks.. The thought of a lonely kitty home alone makes me shudder. We feel bad since we are getting lots of hugs and cuddles, I'm sure it misses it's mommy as well.

Dad thinks we'll be fine but mom says if they are going on a vacation, she would rather put my brother and I at a hotel. We just need someone to check up on us.

WIll keep you guys posted.. Right now, mom is reminded of the sad look in the kitty's eyes next door and she feels sad... not to mention very concerned.
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Wed Sep 27, '06 5:12pm PST 
I hope it all works out well. Maybe when you see that neighbor next you could offer to pet sit for them.

Be usre to let us know.
[notify]

Lil' Charlie

Dogs have- owners, Cats- have staff!

Purred: Wed Sep 27, '06 5:42pm PST 
Hi Diego,

We sure will let you know. Thanks for your input. Mommy will make a call first thing in the morning to ask the apartment manager. :0)
[notify]

CAThy

Purred: Wed Sep 27, '06 11:31pm PST 
Ok update.. the flyer wedged at the door is gone.. it could mean two things:

1. the owner is home already
2. someone got it when they were passing by my neighbor's door

Daddy said the flyer isn't there but the lights aren't on.. We are sooo calling management tomorrow.
[notify]

Lucky Boo,- Loved &- Missed

Mommy's Guardian- Angel

Purred: Thu Sep 28, '06 11:43am PST 
I think calling the manager is definitely the best route to take. You never know with things like this...the person could have gone on vacation and left his cat, or he could have gotten sick and be in the hospital... you just never know. Better to be safe than sorry, we always say! Let us know how everything goes! : )

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Thu Sep 28, '06 4:08pm PST 
Any news?
[notify]

Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Thu Sep 28, '06 6:37pm PST 
When our older brother, Max, was living with our grandma, she would have to go on business trips and left him home alone. Our mom never leaves us alone for more than 2 nights without arranging for our pet sitter to come, but grandma left Max alone for a week before. She would put out lots of dry food and a large baking pan in the bathtub with a small stream of water going into it that he could drink from. Mom would always yell at grandma for leaving Max alone so long, but luckily nothing bad ever happened. He was ok.

Do you think it's possible that someone's been checking on the cat who just leaves the menus where they are for your neighbor to get when they get home? Just a thought...

Edited by author Thu Sep 28, '06 6:38pm PST

CAThy

Purred: Fri Sep 29, '06 11:09am PST 
Everyone, thank you for your concern! My mom called management and said they would look into it. Dad and mom estimate that maybe the kitty has been left alone for like 2 weeks! They noticed no one checks up on the feline because the fast food flyer wedged on the door is still there.

That evening, a light was on the apartment so we know the kitty had someone with her/him already and mom had great relief. Mom wanted to knock on their door but hesitated. Dad is wondering since I made the call that day and someone was in there in the evening, what if they got into some sort of trouble? So we better wait.

The important thing now is that there is someone there loving and caring for that kitty. :0)

And thank you every one for being so encouraging!
[notify]