GO!

Vacation Travel

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Moo Cow

Worship me for I- am THE MOO

Purred: Sat Sep 9, '06 7:21pm PST 
So my family is thinking about going on a two week vacation sometime next year and they want to take us with them, and the dogs. Have any of you gone on vacation like that before? It's a 4-5 hour car ride. I'm not really concerned about that. How'd you handle all the travel?

We've moved plenty of times so change is not unknown to us. In fact, over the last 5 years we've moved 5 times.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Sun Sep 10, '06 8:10am PST 
Sounds like us. We move alot too. I am so used to moving that it doesn't even phase me. In fact, I secretly love having all those boxes to climb on and play in. Since we are moving in a few weeks, I get to climb around on them now. It's driving my mom crazy.
I have never been on vacation though. Whenever my family goes on a trip, they leave me home and a friend or housesitter comes over to feed me and clean up after me. I know plently of people do vacation w/ their pets, so hopefully some of them will respond.
[notify]

Moo Cow

Purred: Sun Sep 10, '06 10:20am PST 
Usually we stay home, but the longest our family's ever been away is a week. They felt that two weeks was a long time for us to be without them, and to ask someone to take care of us. And we can't really afford the cost of boarding them for two weeks.
[notify]

Waverly- (1991-June- 20, 2007)

Where's the sun?

Purred: Tue Sep 12, '06 5:25pm PST 
My vacations are always to my "summer estate" (also known as the grandparents' house). It's an 8-hour car trip, and I ride in my carrier (which is belted in), with the litter box on the floor of the car. Every time we stop at a rest area, I get a chance to stretch my legs and use the litter box (which I do), and am offered some water (which I refuse). Once, there was a bad storm and we had to stay in a hotel halfway there, and after some initial hiding I was fine. I'm a laid-back kitty, though, who loves being with the peeps. If you're the nervous type, you might react differently.

Waverly
[notify]

Moo Cow

Purred: Wed Sep 13, '06 2:43pm PST 
We're pretty laid back. I don't even think we'd need a litter box in the car. Sometimes I hide in the bedroom when the humans leave and I get locked in all day and seldom pee. We'd only be in the car for about 4 1/2 -5 hours.
[notify]