GO!

moving

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Xander

Xander - Here we go,- Steelers!

Purred: Sun May 14, '06 2:29pm PST 
I think getting used to a new house, then putting furnature in it, is requiring a cat to deal with the problem twice. I think it's best to bring a cat in after the furnature, if possible, because then many of the items have a familiar smell.

I've moved twice, and my dad makes sure my climby tree is there (it has a nice house at the bottom) So there is a familiar place to go with the good smells.

If I get nervous at a new place, Dad lets me have his dirty socks! What a nice guy!

X

Edited by author Sun May 14, '06 2:30pm PST

[notify]

Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Sun May 14, '06 4:37pm PST 
I moved about two years ago. I was really lucky that it was just to the next town, so while all the moving was taking place, my human put me in the bathroom at the old place with some water, litterbox and something that smelled like her. After all the stuff was moved into our new home, she came over to pick me up. It was a little weird, so I hid under some furniture in the new place, but I got used to it fairly quickly.

Oh, and my human was really nice about making sure things smelled like our old place. In fact, she put the same sheets -- unwashed -- on the bed when we got here. That was nice, because I was able to stay there and get comfortable with my new environment.

Edited by author Sun May 14, '06 4:38pm PST

[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2