GO!

moving

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Sun Apr 16, '06 4:48pm PST 
i don't know if this is where i should talk about this or not...but we are moving soon and mommy wants to know if it would be better to let me get used to the new place before bringing everything in...or would it be best to bring everything that i am is familiar with into the new house and then let me get used to it...i know its best to let me get used ot one room at a time...but daddy wants to take me over a few days before so i can run around and check things out before moving...what do you think?
[notify]

Jack the- GiantCat- HumphreyRIP

"I am the Giant- Cat!"

Purred: Sun Apr 16, '06 10:06pm PST 
We all think that your daddy is right! What fun to dash through a big empty place and find all those closets! Besides, if he takes you a couple of times and then you go back home, you'll realize that your former home didn't just--poof!--disappear! The bad part of moving is all the business so if you guys and your toys can stay with a neighbor or at the vet's for a day or so--a nice, quiet place--you'll feel better, too. That's what our mommy did. Mommy did come over to the vet's a couple of times so we wouldn't feel so sad (even tho the vet loves us). Then when we came to our new house everything was calm and quiet--except now we had all sorts of big boxes and lots of packing paper to play with!
[notify]

Archie

The King

Purred: Tue Apr 18, '06 7:54pm PST 
It would be best to choose one room (bedrooms usually work out best) and keep kitty in there with a few familar items from the old home. Keep them in the bedroom for a day or so with the litterbox, food and toys. They will let you know when they are ready to start exploring!
[notify]

Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Sat Apr 22, '06 9:06am PST 
thanx for the advice...it won't take long for me to be ready to explore i'm very curious and stick to mom like glue half of the day. so i'm sure it won't take a couple of days. i believe mom is going to ship me off to gramma's for the day. and i'll probably be there for a while. mom says the land lord will only be laying the last carpet on the day of move in. so i can't be there while they do that. i will try to hard to help and probably get in trouble. thanx againf or the help
[notify]

TPol

Mom says I'm a- fierce lioness!

Purred: Sun Apr 23, '06 10:43am PST 
We're moving, too! Mom is taking me over there the morning before Dad and Grampa bring over the furniture. Mom is bringing my toys and my favorite chair over with me. Mom says she'll be there bringing boxes and stuff over, but that I'll be there allll by my self alll night. Can you just imagine the fun I will have in that big, new house all by myself?!
[notify]

Smudge

Sweet Cheeks !!

Purred: Sat Apr 29, '06 12:35pm PST 
my mummy and i are moving soon too, i am stayin with my nan and grandad for a few days whilst she settles everything in for us, i like to stay at my grandparents house as they have a lovely big garden for me to play in
[notify]

Sammy

I'm the- purrrrfect cat- ever!

Purred: Tue May 9, '06 1:35pm PST 
I have move several times and mommy always bring the cats at last minute. We are the last to move. She like the idea that we know our stuff and that its already in place when we arrive. The dogs come with the first load and us cats are going with the last one! I have move about 4 time in a year and mom found that was better that way!
[notify]

Melody

A musician's- kitty

Purred: Wed May 10, '06 10:59am PST 
I've been in 4 different homes in 2 years! Mommy has had to move a lot. She hopes that will stop soon. My mommy always does all the unpacking first and then brings me over and shows me around the new place. That way I can see where my toys, food, and litter box are and see that it's my new home, and I don't get in the way while she's unpacking. I wouldn't want to have a box dropped on me! I think if she brought me to an empty house, I'd just be confused!
[notify]

Ona

Trout killer

Purred: Sat May 13, '06 6:20am PST 
Lela and I moved four times while mom was in college and then another big move at the end, when we came down here to Brasil to be with dad. I was always the last thing to move. We were shut up in a room in our old house until all the furniture and everything was moved, and then mom brought us over and let us loose in a small area where there were places to hide under (like the bed). We figured out this was home pretty quick, although I prefered to stay under the bed until things stopped moving around. Lela was much more investigative and would dodge moving couches.
[notify]

Zora

I want it now.

Purred: Sun May 14, '06 1:10pm PST 
Rogue and I just moved in October. What an adventure. Mom put us in a bedroom at the old house while the movers took everything out. Nothing from that room was moving, so we were perfectly safe. After the movers got everything out, she let us run around the old house while she went over to the new house with the movers. We were a little freaked out because there was no furniture, but she did leave us some toys. She came back for us about an hour later and took us to the new place. Rogue gets car sick, so that was gross. Mom put us in a bedroom at the new house, with some of our stuff (like our favorite kitty tree). She left the door ajar and within an hour Rogue went downstairs. I was a little more hesitant until I realized I was allowed to explore the whole house — even the basement. It was great, since all our furniture was there and in place, so everything smelled like home. All in all, I'd say it was a great way to move.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2