GO!

Nigeria Catmail scammers

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Mon Sep 23, '13 2:06am PST 
I can not be the only one getting Catmail from this Nigeria Scammer. They deactivated the cat's account. I wonder why the Chief cat's at HQ did not find those who he wrote to to let them know they were scammers from Nigeria BEWARE!

So I'll say it DON'T WRITE to ANYONE @ Yahoo.in
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Mon Sep 23, '13 9:10am PST 
I got some of those junk messages and diary comments naughtynaughty The messages were just a bunch of nonsense ramblings.

REPORT these messages to Catster HQ using the form at the bottom of http://www.catster.com/support/ Include the Catster ID # of the person sending you the junk. If it's a guest, let HQ know and maybe they can find out who the person is.

Don't respond to these messages at all. Just delete them. If it's a Catmail, you can block the person from sending you more messages. I don't know if you can block a guest, though thinking
[notify]

Baby

i am a cutie- kitty

Purred: Mon Sep 23, '13 12:04pm PST 
we got a few too, just blew them off, then one day, the pic was gone, caster deleted them, i guess there back. thanks for the warning.

purrs
[notify]

Sterling

Go Gently Into- the Night

Purred: Tue Sep 24, '13 8:54pm PST 
Thanks, Merlin, for your response to Cookie. Many Catsters just delete the obvious spam. That spammer showed up in other members' pmail and picture comments. If you want to do more than just delete the spam, contact Catster HQ. Don't delete the spammer's pmail or comments for a few days so HQ can trace back to the offender who will be removed and banned from Catster.

This has happened on Catster in the past and like any website you visit, everyone needs to be aware that spammers are out there.