GO!

Name that breed

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Jesse

Purred: Wed Jun 26, '13 4:05pm PST 
After I brought home two gingerpoint Siamese kittens (male and female litter mates), I became really interested in cat breeds. As a child, I kept a series of Siamese cats who all sadly seemed to perish on the local roads.

The gingerpoints (what I guess are officially called Colorpoints) have really different personalities from the Siamese I remember. They're pretty calm and don't vocalise as much as some cats. They're also pretty good with stangers and dogs.

Anyway, I started studying breeds and found a fun way to learn more about cats and memorise various kinds. I can also learn about the history and biology of cats this way.

I use a free online tool called Lexicon (http://lexicon.geknowm.com) that lets me type in a word and then get a definition and a picture. It also generates a list of related terms that I can study and then be tested on with the "Test me" feature in Lexicon.

It's a great game for a rainy afternoon and I've learned a lot about cats from it. cat on moon
[notify]