GO!

What's your favorite cat story?

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Trixie (2001- - 2014)

One manic hammy!

Purred: Sun Dec 18, '05 8:10am PST 
I'm cat a who loves to read! I'd love to hear from other Catsters what their favs are -- books, short stories, poems, genre, traditional, if you read it and liked it -- I'd love to hear it.
[notify]

Tigger ~- Loved- Forever

Whatever, I do- what I want!

Purred: Sun Dec 18, '05 8:38am PST 
I was going to post the words to two cat poems I like, but in case there is any problem with copyright infringement I'll p-mail them to you instead smile

Please do share your favorites!
[notify]

Tigger ~- Loved- Forever

Purred: Mon Dec 19, '05 8:34am PST 
Dad said I could post the poems (something about "fair use"???). Anyway, here are a couple of them that I like:

The cat went here and there
And the moon spun round like a top,
And the nearest kin of the moon,
The creeping cat, looked up.
Black Minnaloushe stared at the moon,
For, wander and wail as he would,
The pure cold light in the sky
Troubled his animal blood.
Minnaloushe runs in the grass
Lifting his delicate feet.
Do you dance, Minnaloushe, do you dance?

~William Butler Yeats

Kittens kittens everywhere
Kittens chewing on my hair
Kittens climbing up my jeans
Kittens hanging from the screens
There's a kitten on each shoulder
Will they do this when they're older?

Kittens fighting on the chairs
Kittens tumbling down the stairs
There's a kitten on my head
There's a kitten in the bread!
There's a kitten in my shoe
I don't believe we just have two!

~William Wordsworth
[notify]

Kitty

Adore me and- I'll tolerate- you!

Purred: Mon Dec 19, '05 3:39pm PST 
I like to read the lilian jackson Braun cat stories and The cat books by Shirley Rousseau oh and the midnight Louie series too.
[notify]

Trixie (2001- - 2014)

One manic hammy!

Purred: Mon Dec 19, '05 7:05pm PST 
Hi Tigger and Kitty! Thanks for posting! and I love the poems -- I think you're probably right about the "fair use" thing. Now that HQ has so cleverly moved this thread to the right category, I see there's been lots of purrs on this subject already!
[notify]

Tigger ~- Loved- Forever

Purred: Wed Dec 21, '05 1:24am PST 
Are you interested in cat themed stories or others as well? I like Sci-fi and Romance, as well as poetry.
[notify]

scampie aka Majmune

scampire

Purred: Fri Dec 23, '05 10:05pm PST 
I liked reading chicken soup for the soul for cat lovers, they had some very interesting kitty stores in there
[notify]

Tigger ~- Loved- Forever

Purred: Fri Dec 30, '05 6:09am PST 
I'll have to check that out--I bet there are some tear-jerkers in that book!
[notify]

Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Fri Dec 30, '05 3:53pm PST 
Has anyone heard of the story where the Mama cat saved her five kittens from a fire? It's Mommy's favorite. She likes to read it to me around Mother's Day.
It's about a calico kitty (just like me!) who kept going in and out of a burning building to save her furry five. The fireman found them, by hearing their mews, and he couldn't find the mother. Finally, he found her and pulled all the kittens to safety. The mama's eyes were damaged from smoke inhalation, so she couldn't see. So she pressed her nose to all her kittens to make sure they were all there. All but one kitten survived.
They named the Mama Scarlett, and she's been on many TV shows and newspaper articles. She was almost on Oprah too! Now she belongs with a human lady.
Mommy MADE me write about it in my diary. Read "A Mother's Love" in my kitty journal!
[notify]

Aragorn (In- Memory)

One Cool Cat

Purred: Fri Dec 30, '05 4:52pm PST 
Squeakers -- you do look like Scarlett!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4