GO!

post neutering care

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Orion

conquering the- world one MEOW- at a time

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '14 9:49am PST 
Hello!

i hope you guys can help me with this, my cat is finally getting neutered today and as i type this he is already at the vet. im cleaning around my house and trying to get everything ready so when he comes homes it will be all quiet and clean, however there is one thing that im confused and that is his litter box, i have read online that is not necessary to change his litter box with shreded paper other people said is good to do it to prevent infection and recomend the shreded paper. What is the best approach? also will my cat urinate all over the house? because i have carpet and it will make the cleaning difficult for me if that's the case. I also would like to know if you guys have tips for the food i was thinking in boiling some pieces of shredded chicken and feed him tiny ammounts of that.

Any help will be appreciated!kitty
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '14 10:34am PST 
You don't need to provide any special care after a neuter smile You can use the regular litter and feed the normal food. Your cat may not want to play very much for a day or two afterwards but he'll feel better after tat way to go Obviously if you see any signs of pain or lethargy, lack of appetite for more than a day, swelling or pus around the testicles take the cat back to the vet.

Human didn't provide anything special for me or for Leroy when we got neutered. We were acting normal within a day. Well, Leroy was active as soon as he was let out of the carrier shock
[notify]

Orion

conquering the- world one MEOW- at a time

Purred: Wed Aug 20, '14 1:57am PST 
Well he is back and he seems a little confused but it looks like most of the sedative is off his body, he just ate and surprisingly he was quite hungry(of course he didn't eat since last night) overall he does not look like he is in pain and he is even carefully looking around the house, unfortnately my living room is a little bit noisy so ill move him to my room so he can be in a quiet place.

thanks for the tips, ill keep you guys posted about Orion.
[notify]