GO!

A toothy problem?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Lilac

Purred: Fri Aug 1, '14 11:54am PST 
My kitten, Lilac, has been lethargic for the past 3 days, not eating so well, and does not meow when she tries to (vocal gland problem?). I believe the problem is with her teeth, because her mouth smells rotten. I looked at her gums and they are red. She also seems to be swallowing a lot of drool.
She's been asking me to keep her company and pet her a lot, today.

I can't get to a vet until tomorrow morning. Would anyone know what it could possibly be?
[notify]

Jerry- (formerly- Bondi)

Vampire Kitten

Purred: Fri Aug 1, '14 1:01pm PST 
Kittens can get bad breath when they're shedding their kitten teeth and their adult teeth are coming in. It's probably best to get it checked out by the vet, though, to make sure there isn't something else going on.

Hope she feels better soon! Keep us posted! hug

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Fri Aug 1, '14 5:03pm PST 
Sounds like dental problem thinking The vet will be able to tell you exactly what the problem is, such as resorptive lesion or periodontal disease, and the best way to treat it.

When the problem has been treated and resolved, you can keep the teeth healthy by brushing them regularily at home smile Use only pet toothpaste. You can find toothpaste at the pet store in various flavors. Here's a video on how to brush a cat's teeth: http://partnersah.vet.cornell.edu/pet-owners/cat-teeth It may take some time to get your cat used to having her teeth brushed. Go slowly adn reward with treats afterwards.
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Fri Aug 1, '14 6:29pm PST 
flowers