GO!

Heavy breathing through nose

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Purred: Sun Feb 23, '14 1:18am PST 
Hi guys,

My cat who is 15 months old breaths heavily through his nose.

It's not all the time, maybe a handful of times during the day and it's only through his nose. It almost sounds as if hes breathing out very heavily. If you were to blow hard out through your nose now, that's what it sounds like.

He's done it since I adopted him from the SPCA when he was 5 months old. Besides this, he is in perfectly good health. He is mainly indoors and as we have just moved, he is indoors for the next few weeks. He doesn't seem to do it at any particular time, he does it when he plays, when he sleeps, when he's cleaning.

I don't think there is anything wrong with him but just wanted to see if anyone has had any similar experiences? He hasn't been to the vet because of this issue, I don't see much point at the moment since he's in good health and I vets are expensive but I will take him if necessary! My vet does thinks he is part purebred, maybe British Blue and he does have quite a short mouth and nose and very small mouth/throat which I only noticed because giving him a worming tablet the other month I had to cut in half as it would go down!

Sorry for the long drabble but it's something that's been on my mind a bit recently.

Thanks smile
[notify]