GO!

Brewer's Yeast for Fleas?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Chopper

Formerly- Free-Roaming

Purred: Wed Feb 19, '14 12:45pm PST 
After having a cancer scare with our dogs, we are trying to keep things as natural as possible when it comes to our animals. We have used Frontline in the past for fleas and ticks, but were investigating the Brewer's Yeast option for keeping them at bay. We live in AZ. Has anyone had any experience using Brewer's Yeast in this manner?
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Sat Feb 22, '14 10:49am PST 
I have heard of it, but never used it. I was interested since I have a feral colony, and I cannot afford nor would I be able to apply meds or pills for them. I am interested too! wave
[notify]

Chopper

Formerly- Free-Roaming

Purred: Wed Feb 26, '14 8:57am PST 
Same here - caring for ferals, as well, and it would be great if the Brewer's Yeast worked. I got some Brewer's Yeast (NOW brand) from Sprouts, and have started adding some to all our animals meals, in the morning and in the evening, about a teaspoonful right now.
[notify]