GO!

dandruffy?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Sun Feb 16, '14 1:54pm PST 
Any suggestions for my little Feefer kitty? Along with his bone issues,, Felix has some flakies in his beautiful black fur. We brushed him very well, and got alot of undercoat out, but what can be done to help the dry skin? I wonder if it is connected with a mineral deficiency of his bones....
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Mon Feb 17, '14 4:11am PST 
In my experience this is more about the cold of winter, along with the dryness of indoor heating. It's probably a condition in most cats but it just shows up more in black cats. You can try to add some fish oil to his diet but you may just need to wait it out until it gets warmer.
[notify]

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Mon Feb 17, '14 1:53pm PST 
Yes it surely has been cold here in Chicagoland! It makes sense. How much fish oil would be good - can you add it to food? Felix likes fishy stuff. cat on moon
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Tue Feb 18, '14 3:59am PST 
You can add it to food. If you get the capsules you can poke a hole in one and put a couple of drops in the food. I wouldn't overdo it - a few drops every couple of days or so.
[notify]