GO!

BLOOD IN POO!!

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Oliver

Purred: Tue Feb 4, '14 8:18am PST 
One of the kitty's has blood in the there stool. We don't know who yet but we are monitoring both very closely. It's part regular poo and then very runny with blood in it. The runny part had very little blood, but still blood. We just switched their food to Blue Buffalo last evening. Maybe that could have something to do with it?

Thanks,
Ollie, Nuggs, and Nevans mom.
[notify]

Sprinkles- Ricardo- Blah-Blah

Queen of my- Double-Wide- Trailer.

Purred: Thu Feb 6, '14 2:07am PST 
You can find the bloody pooper by using non-toxic crayon shavings and using a different color for each kitty (not red or crayons with red in it). If you only have 2 kitties, you could give only 1 kitty the shavings. Just place the shavings in a food the kitty likes and then start poo-watching. A nice green would probably suffice, if the poo isn't greenish to begin with. Unless it's a lot of blood, chances are good that the kitty is constipated and the blood is from irritation and nothing internal. If the entire stool is runny or "snotty," diarrhea could be causing irritation. If the kitty is pooing outside of the litter box, they tend to do that because they associate the litter box with pain and poo elsewhere to try and avoid a painful bowel movement. My kitty, unfortunately, suffered from alternating diarrhea and constipation quite a lot, wouldn't poo in the litter box (always peed in there), and had blood in his stool. Changing the food abruptly will wreak havoc on their bowels in the beginning.
[notify]

Oliver

Purred: Thu Feb 6, '14 1:35pm PST 
Ollie pooed twice yesterday with no blood. It is diarrhea like yellowy but not bright yellow. It's still kinda brown. I mean he's acting normal. So if it's stil diarrhea my Tuesday we are taking him to the vet.

Thanks,
Ollies mom
[notify]