GO!

BEWARE OF MINI BLINDS

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Thu Sep 5, '13 11:46pm PST 
My poor baby Tiny got tangled in the blinds while playing. normally i keep them up but she somehow got into the cord and hung herself. thank god i was right there and was able to grab her and cut the cords off. she got a nasty abcess as a result. just a warning to cut the cords of the blinds, tape them up or just get rid of them. i hate blinds! she is okay but if i hadn't been there to save her, she could have hung herself to death. frown i wish they made a product to prevent this. i posted a picture of her wound on her page.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Fri Sep 6, '13 9:08am PST 
Scary shock I'm glad your cat is ok hug

There are blind cord control thingies you can buy at a hardware store or window treatment store. A baby store might have something similar. There are also cordless blinds and shades you can buy but replacing all of them in a big house can be costly.
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Fri Sep 6, '13 10:40am PST 
i rent, or else i would take them off totally. ill look into the cover idea
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Sat Sep 7, '13 12:37pm PST 
Tiny is doing great. she is being annoying and loud like allways.way to gocheer

her abscess looks way less gross. we are moving this fall and you bet i will be doing away with the blinds!
[notify]