GO!

My new cat is dying

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Thu Sep 5, '13 2:56pm PST 
Has the vet given you an idea of how stable Freddie's disease can get? It may stay at that level for a while, and he can have more time than we think. I do understand - it is a hard thing to deal with, especially when you had no idea going in to this. Unfortunately, kitties get sick, and there is not always a way to know or stop it. Just take a few breaths, and I hope that things work out for the best for all of you. hug
[notify]

Kyubey

PLAY!!! Play- play play play- pl...zzzzzzz

Purred: Thu Sep 5, '13 4:33pm PST 
Freddie has been in foster care, in the same home, for his entire life. I am sending him back to his familiar home, with the person he loves.

I can afford his treatment, that's not the issue. The issue, to me, is that asking him to get used to medications, supplements, fluids, a new home, a new diet, and life with a dog (he had never met a dog until he moved in with me, and he does NOT like the dog) is asking a LOT of a sick kitty. Instead, he can be in a familiar environment with a person who has loved him for his entire life.

I know I am making the right decision for Freddie. YELLING at me with caps lock is not appreciated!! This week has been hard enough taking care of him, getting him ready to go home, falling more in love with him as he shows how affectionate he is...if I were being selfish, I'd keep him, because I love him dearly. What's best for FREDDIE is to be in the place where he grew up.
[notify]

Kyubey

Purred: Thu Sep 5, '13 11:00pm PST 
Thanks Tigger. smile

Since Freddie had a normal blood panel in February and has gone downhill VERY rapidly, his prognosis is pretty poor. We're keeping out paws crossed that he will stabilize for a long while though.
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Thu Sep 5, '13 11:34pm PST 
i think she gave the cat back because she felt it would feel more secure in a home he knew rather than going threw the stress of a new home. i think it was the right thing to do. He didnt go back to the pound he went back to a foster home where he will be loved in a place he is relaxed in.
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Fri Sep 6, '13 6:44am PST 
so glad you thought my post was good and you enjoyed it.....thank you for your response....Have a lovely life....hamster dancehamster dancehamster dance
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Fri Sep 6, '13 2:26pm PST 
ps..... just looked again....and you DID say that you did not want any advice...so sorry.....
[notify]

Kyubey

Purred: Fri Sep 6, '13 7:49pm PST 
It's fine. I'm so exhausted and burned out this week that I can't handle anything. Every time I sit down he's all over me nuzzling me and being adorable...then he throws up or pees on something because he just can't hold it right now. To top it off, I'm coming down with a cold and I'm sleeping 10+ hours a night. My friend's cat sitter bailed on her this weekend so I'm going to her house to give her kitty four pills twice a day, and I'm just done. I'll need a week-long nap once this is over with.
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Sat Sep 7, '13 5:01am PST 
Dear Kyubey's Meouwmy.....I'm so sorry.....it can all get too much, sometimes, can't it? For what it's worth, I will be thinking of you and I'll get Tambi to purr for you.....

Jan
[notify]

♥- Nina- ♥- rehomed

Jellybean the- queen <3

Purred: Sat Sep 7, '13 12:30pm PST 
Kyubey, you are doing the right thing. I'm so sorry this happened. I hope you will get to visit him and hear about him once he's back in his foster home. That is really sad for a young kitty to have to go through. Snow seems pretty new. I don't think his owner meant to hijack your thread. Perhaps they're still finding their way around and haven't figured out how to make their own thread yet. Anyway, I hope you feel better, and spend as much time with Freddy as you can before he goes back to his foster family.
[notify]

Snowball

The Black Shadow

Purred: Sun Sep 8, '13 12:42pm PST 
Best of luck to you and your new cat. flowers
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2