GO!

Cryptococcosis.

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Spaz

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 6:56pm PST 
Up until a few months ago, I had never heard of this. A fungal infection caused by contact with infected bird droppings. Now, I know first hand it's horrible effects.

I keep my cats indoors. Once in a while, one of them will sneak outside. Spaz got in the backyard several months ago. Last month, she developed a large fluid filled lump on her nose & problems with her left eye. The vet diagnosed cryptococcosis, and the prognosis, due to her age, was not good. Even with treatment, her condition was slow to improve. The fluid was drained, only to return within a day or two. Her eye got worse. And then the neural problems started, She would walk in circles & fall over. Then she started losing weight. Some days, she would eat a full bowl of food, other days she wouldn't eat at all. These last few days, she wouldn't eat at all. Yesterday, the lump on her nose suddenly disappeared & I thought she was going to get better. She died in her sleep early this morning.
[notify]

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

I know you have- chicken & I want- it.

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 11:15pm PST 
hug So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this, as we had never heard of it either, maybe it will help some other furs. Sending many purrs and prayers to you. hughug
[notify]