GO!

Any experience with or knowledge about the use of anti-anxiety medication for cats?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Sun Aug 25, '13 3:12am PST 
Hi...!! Jan here....!! Please help.......

I have a thread on 'Behaviour and Training' in which I have detailed the problem I am having with one of my four cats (Tambolina), now that, through problems with job and money, some of my family have had to come and live with us, bringing their two (very lovely) dogs......

Perhaps look at my thread on 'Behaviour and Training' and then look here? please? I am almost at my wits' end and Tambolina is suffering.....My latest thought is 'anti-anxiety' medication for her....

Please help....

Jan
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Sun Aug 25, '13 3:16am PST 
PS....I am going to go and see our Vet tomorrow to see what he advises.....BUT any thoughts from those who have been through this sort of thing would be SO HELPFUL....

I cannot bear to see Tambi so frightened and unhappy....

Jan
[notify]

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

I know you have- chicken & I want- it.

Purred: Sun Aug 25, '13 9:21pm PST 
I am sorry Tambi is so upset and nervous. I am not a fan of "nerve" medicine for cats, neither is my vet, the best thing would be to change the situation that is causing the problem. Maybe keep the dogs in a separate area and make sure they never are allowed in her space. It is hard combining households, so many are having to do that with the economy like it is. I am sure she is upset over more than just the dogs, cats don't always adapt to change well. A trip to the vet would be a good idea though, just to make sure everything is okay with her and that the problem is just the current living arrangements. Some have had luck with products like feliway, though it never seemed to work here with our crew. There are also calming collars and calming vest. I hope things get better for everyone in your household. hug
[notify]

Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 9:11am PST 
It's Stella and the gang. Our person had a very nervous cat decades ago and the vet prescribed valium, the 2 mg size. But it just made the cat sleep 23.5 hours/day so that did not seem like a good solution. I think there are better meds available now, but a lot of people have good things to say about Feliway.

Poor Tambi!!!! We are purring for her so hard. hug
[notify]