GO!

Cancer....Need to Talk

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Cinders

I'm a lover not- a fighter.

Purred: Tue Apr 9, '13 1:27pm PST 
Hi All,
I am in complete astonishment. My sweet, sweet girl was just diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma on her trachea. She is 13 years old. While this may sound old, she has been strictly indoors her entire life.

Last week, I took her to the vet for "coughing" that had been going on for about 3 weeks. Honestly, I thought it was a hairball issue, as she has allergies, and often over grooms. Low and behold, the vet feels a mass in her neck area near her voice box. We immediately take an x-ray and take a biopsy of the tumor. It's a very aggressive, fast growing cancer. I can't believe this. I never ever thought this could happen to her. The location makes it impossible to remove, and it isn't conducive to chemotherapy. Ou only options are some Eastern alternative therapies. We will be supplementing DHA (fish oil), which is suppose to help with it spread, and MGN3 to increase her white blood cells 100 fold, which kill cancer cells. AND, the big, new option is, Neoplasene. It is extracted from bloodroot extract. The kicker is this known to kill topical forms of cancer and is amazing! She will be getting the oral form of it. I am praying for a miracle! I will keep you all posted on her progress.

She is the best cat, and I refer to her as my "dog-cat" because she is very loving, and follows you everywhere. She has never lifted tooth or nail to anyone, and is a complete love.

Thanks little angel
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Tue Apr 9, '13 3:47pm PST 
The biggest possible purrs coming your way.
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Tue Apr 9, '13 7:23pm PST 
I am so very sorry to hear about this. It has got to be just heartbreaking. I can't even imagine. Prayers to your kitty for a miracle, and for comfort, and for some peace and comfort to you throughout all of this. I have not yet had to deal with anything like this with any of my cats, though I did have a cancer ordeal with a very old dog once, but not with my kitties, and I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. So prayers to you and kitty during this difficult time.
[notify]

Cinders

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 4:52am PST 
Thank you to everyone,

It's extremely rough to see my beloved Cinders, so very sick. She is a fighter and we shall see where this fight takes her. kitty
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 9:13am PST 
Dear Cinders and Cinders' Meouwmy....I am so very sorry.....I have lived through the loss of loved cats a few times in my life....I don't know if I can tell you anything to help you......but all good wishes and good love to you both....you'll get through it...you'll both get through it.....

I'll write some more tomorrow......

Jan
[notify]

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 10:27am PST 
Hi, I just read this and my heart is going out to you. I know I would be losing my mind right now as well as hugging my cat for all I'm worth. Sounds like Cinders is a much loved and doted on cat and will now be getting even more love from you!

You just found out about this so please have hope. Miracles can and do happen on a regular basis. Try anything that you can to help your beautiful Cinders. Most of all give your love because sometimes I believe that's all our cats want from us. rainbow
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 1:24pm PST 
Sending you both huge purrs. I wish I had a magic answer for you, but having dealt with it more than once in my family, I can offer you this. Take one day at a time. Kitties are amazing little creatures, and can surprise us. I am a big proponent of natural meds, and those things you are trying cannot make it worse - so lets keep faith that they will help Cinders. I send you hugs. We are with you sending strength & purrs for the fight. hughughughug
[notify]

Xena

Feisty Feline

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 11:53pm PST 
My blessings to you and your kitty. I am all too familiar with squamous cell cancer. My 12 year old cat, Stormy, went to the Rainbow Bridge on Monday as a result of it.
It is an extremely fast growing cancer. It seemed to appear overnight, a tumor the size of a baseball on her left side. We did a biopsy and the Vet did a more detailed exam after that came back positive. It was attached to both her abdominal wall and chest wall, very hard, and not movable.
Before I could even talk to the Vet about options it grew in size 3 cm in one direction and 5 cm in the other from Saturday to Monday!shock
While I was out on Monday she chewed open the tumor and I believe it was because it had become more painful than she could bear anymore. I had them euthanize her to spare her more pain. But, I am heartbroken. I'd had her since she was 8 weeks old and all of my animals are my babies. My thoughts are with you as you go through this difficult time. Take care.
[notify]

Cinders

Purred: Thu Apr 11, '13 4:44am PST 
Wow, Stormy's mom....I am so sorry. Yes, that's what scares me about this cancer and the location. I mean, if it keeps growing outward it may give us time to slow it or shrink it. But, if it decides to grow inside her trachea her days will be numbered. I'm scared every time she coughs, that it'll be time....Ugh.
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Thu Apr 11, '13 9:53am PST 
Dear Cinders and Cinders' Meouwmy.....Hi...!! Jan here...!! from yesterday.....

I've had a think about what to say to you and Cinders at this present time......and I don't think I can help much...except to give you both all the love that I (and the furry family) can give......

I SO HOPE that you both are able to 'beat the furry grim reaper' with alternative medicines.....there is always hope....hold on to the hope.....

Sh**...!!! Dear Cinders and Cinders' Meouwmy.....Don't know how to find the middle way (in words) between despair and hope to tell you.....don't know.....

BUT I do know that there is always love....and love is the key to...to....to....almost everything....

(and, no.......nooooooo....not the love of Jesus....although I am sure that that is really good....no....just the love of all people and all animals for each other......)

(and, yes.....I am now totally freaking out because I am not sure if ANYONE or ANYCAT is understanding what I am saying....and I will probably be thrown off of the thread.....)

Well....there you go...

Jan (and Tambolina) xxx
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3