GO!

Pet Insurance

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Evie

Pay attention to- me!!! NOW!!!

Purred: Wed Mar 20, '13 7:30am PST 
I'm thinking about enrolling my kitten in pet insurance, does anyone here have any experience with that? I know pre-existing conditions are the big thing, but she's only been to the vet for a checkup and an URI, does that count as a pre-exisiting condition?

Thank you for your help in advance!
[notify]

Purred: Thu Mar 21, '13 11:42am PST 
Hi Evie,

I have PetPartners Insurance for my cat Maggie. They have the best wellness coverage out there. As far as I know a URI is not pre-existing if it was treated already so if it happened again it would be covered. Go to their site http://www.petpartners.com/ to get a quote or call them at 1-866-725-2747. The customer service team is really sweet.

Best,
Jessica
[notify]

Purred: Fri Mar 22, '13 7:37am PST 
I have Pet Assure, an alternative to pet insurance. You can use it along with regular insurance, however this provides a 25% discount right at the time of service. No pre-qualifications or limitations. It saves me a bundle and the plan is a very low monthly cost. check out www.petassure.com & good luck with your kittykitty
[notify]

Evie

Pay attention to- me!!! NOW!!!

Purred: Fri Mar 22, '13 9:58am PST 
Thanks for the replies. I ended up going with Healthy Paws because I liked their plan the best. Hopefully it is as good as it sounds and that I never need to use it!
[notify]

West

All of the noms!

Purred: Sat Mar 30, '13 1:44pm PST 
I would definitely recommend getting pet insurance if you like the plan and can afford it! We drug our feet getting our new kitten insured... then he got diagnosed with Feline Herpes, which has cost us a couple hundred dollars just in medication and exams for his flare-ups in two months. And, yes, we couldn't get that covered now as it is a pre-existing condition. I really wish we had taken the plunge and bought it!
[notify]