GO!

Clogged up nose.

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Bo

Purred: Thu Mar 7, '13 5:09pm PST 
The vet said he just has a small cold, but never gave me any medicine. This poor thing sounds horrible at times, mainly later in the evening. He wakes up and is great, but by around 6ish he starts to get crusted eyes and he's laying here now and his little nose is running and he's just sounding horrible. A neighbor told me to give him Lysine. Anyone use that?
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Thu Mar 7, '13 7:35pm PST 
Shame on that vet! He's probably got an upper respiratory infection and seriously if he doesn't get some medicine soon, he'll stop eating because he can't smell his food. Yes L-lysine is great and you can give it to him but if you can take him to a different vet, please do so. If a cat has a small cold that's different but this doesn't sound small to me. He needs medicine.
[notify]

Bo

Purred: Thu Mar 7, '13 8:33pm PST 
Will take him elsewhere. I took him to that Banfield Clinic and I was warned by neighbors not to, but it's so close. Lesson learned. He's eating really really well, playing, and drinking water so I do hope it was a mild one and is on the mend, but will take him to get checked out by my regular vet (he's over an hour away so that's what I went to the other one.) Just gave him more Lysine and have it in his wet food and he's had two cans today. It seems to only happen at night so I really wonder if it's allergies. I've changed his litter three times in hopes that it'll help.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Fri Mar 8, '13 10:28am PST 
What litter are you using? I only use Dr. Elsey's Respiratory Relief. My cats used to sneeze up a storm until I changed to that one. You can get it at Petsmart or Petco. Glad to hear he's eating! That's great! Yeah, Banfield is one of those places I don't really trust. Too bad your regular vet is so far but they sound better equipped to handle this. way to go
[notify]