GO!

My Kitty Parker Acting Strange After Neutering

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Parker

Destroy all the- things

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 8:45am PST 
My kitty, Parker, was neutered on Wednesday morning around 8am. Everything went smoothly, and we picked him up the same day at 6pm. That night he seemed fine, slept well and even seemed to have his appetite back. The next day, however, at around 8pm Parker started acting a bit crazy. For no reason at all he would run around like wild, jump up high on things he's never climbed up on before, and sprint around like a wild cat for no good reason until he stopped and panted. He also began aggressively licking his paws and body (we always stop him from licking the wound where the neutering took place) and he is constantly flicking his ears and scratching at them. I looked for mites/fleas, but his ears look pink and clean. He also has begun hiding under the blankets when these fits begin. We have three pain pills from the vet and we give him one each morning. Does anyone have any idea what might be up with our furbaby? He still comes up to us for cuddles and to sleep on us from time to time, and he still is eating and drinking water. Is this normal after being neutered? Is this just stress? Or pain? Any help would be so appreciated!
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 9:24am PST 
Can't help...BUT hope someone or somecat else can....hope he's OK soon....

Jan and Tambolina
[notify]

Parker

Destroy all the- things

Purred: Sat Feb 9, '13 12:58pm PST 
Parker seems to be doing a lot better today. No more ear/body twitching, and he's playful and in high spirits again. I'm thinking it was just a bad reaction to the anaesthetic or to his pain meds. Other than trying to lick at the area he was neutered, he seems to be doing good smile
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 2:00pm PST 
prob the meds - something to watch for if (hopefully never) he needs medicine again.
[notify]