GO!

Help! Very Low Red Blood Count!

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Sushi

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 2:27pm PST 
My Mother took Sushi to the vet today to get his teeth cleaned, however when they did the blood test, he said that Sushi's red blood count was very low. This is the only info I have right now.

They are not a very good vet, so from what I heard they are doing nothing about it.

So what I'm wondering, is what can I do to fix this?

Thanks!
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 3:15pm PST 
Can you take him to a different vet if you don't trust this one so much? I would take him to another vet and get some blood work done to find out if in fact this is true and what can be done.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 5:12pm PST 
Well you can't exactly fix red blood cell counts shrug I suggest getting a second opinion from anothe vet. Be sure to bring copies of all the bloodwork and medical records to the second vet for review.

Always make sure to ask the vet questions if you aren't sure what is going on.
[notify]

Sammie

little stinker

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 6:07pm PST 
we agree will Merlin, and if you do, make a list of your questions, so, you do not forget anything.

purrs
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Tue Jan 22, '13 3:41am PST 
I agree, I would find another vet. Trust your instincts.
[notify]

Purred: Tue Jan 22, '13 2:31pm PST 
I would get a second (maybe even a third) opinion. Good luck!
[notify]