GO!

Cat Won't Eat

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Jazzie

Jazzy-Little- hunter

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 6:28pm PST 
She won't eat her dry food(wellness core),but if we offer a treat or other food she'll eat it.
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 12:09am PST 
How long has she been on the Wellness Core? It sounds like she doesn't like it if she's eating other foods.thinking

If you can get her to eat another kind of food, it would probably be better to switch her to what she will eat. Even if it's not the food you'd prefer her to be eating, the the most important thing is that she eats.

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 4:04am PST 
I wonder if it could be a bad bag of cat food? Or has she already eaten from this bag previously? I once had a bag of cat food that my cat (back when I only had one cat) would not touch, which was odd for her, because she was a piglet, and I took it back to the store and got a new bag. I had heard that sometimes the food can spoil or something is just off with it and the animals won't touch it. My dog has also done this before, and she is a doberman and will eat anything, even a carrot, so when she won't touch her food, but will eat other foods, I figure there might be something wrong with it. That said, the treats or way more delectable, I have read that they spray stuff on the treats to make it very enticing to the cats. I have had cats that were sick and not eat their regular foods but eat treats, so it's hard to say if it's the food or your cat is not feeling well.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 9:07am PST 
Not eating is always cause for concern. I suggest making an appointment with the vet ASAP. A cat can't go more than a day without food, even if treats are offered. Fatty liver disease is a serious health result of not eating.

Once you have the vet appointment scheduled, head out to the store and buy some food to get into your cat. Stinky seafood canned food and any canned or pouched food in gravy are usually good bets way to go Just make sure not to buy the supplement--only foods, such as Fancy Feast Appetizers.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 10:20am PST 
She could just be sick of the same food! Try a different brand or another flavor or something. I don't ever feed my cats the same thing in one day. They get several different flavors and brands of wet food in one day. Your kitty should have some wet food instead of an all dry diet anyway. There's no moisture as it's very over processed.
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 1:04pm PST 
I beleive that they change the way they make foods, and either add or change where the ingredients come from.
I believe this because for whatever reason, my guys no longer like Fancy Feast classic turkey. I don't know why, they do eat the classic chicken, but they aren't interested in classic turkey and they used to like it. When I called the company because they actually threw up for 2 days straight when eating it, and I stopped giving that food and called the company, the company stated that the ingredients weren't changed and stated nothing had changed...but I believe that where they get their supplies could change....

I would suggest changing brands. I would also suggest a visit to the vet. It might help to know if there is something going on medically.
[notify]

Arwen

My little hobo- friend

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 3:42pm PST 
My feral, Arwen, will not touch any fancy feast that has beef in it, even if it is a mix with something else. She has never once touched it....even when she is really hungry. She has not been feeling well right now, so I have been buying her those fancy feast ones in the blue can...tuna and florentine or something like that, they all have fancy titles, but she will usually eat those. She is not doing well and will not eat sometimes, so I try to buy her the good stinky ones in hopes she will eat. Good luck with your kitty, and I would get her to a vet ASAP if she still won't eat other foods too. Good luck.
[notify]