GO!

Do you collar your indoor cat?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
Moosie

Moosie the- dragon slayer

Purred: Sun Jan 13, '13 12:18pm PST 
Mommy keeps the collar on me because I'm very sneaky and sometimes I find my way into the closet or the garage when she isn't looking. I think it's funny sometimes but when she can't find me the "jingle" of my tags and the little bell tells her exactly where I am. Sometimes I don't move but I get scared so I start to meow until she finds me. I can hear the fear in her voice when she can't find me so I know the collar helps her out. It doesn't bother me since it's not at all tight. My vet thinks that mommy is over protective but mommy knows best. She keeps my id tag and my rabies tag on the collar.
[notify]

Kazu

Kazuhiko

Purred: Mon Jan 14, '13 10:49am PST 
Kazu is both microchipped and he wears a collar with an id tag and bell. His collars are always the safety kind and we've never had a problem. He is strictly an inside cat, but just in case he gets out for whatever reason I want him to easily be identified and found. Around here, not all shelters use microchipping technology yet, so I like that he also has a physical tag with our phone number on it.
[notify]

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Mon Jan 21, '13 10:03pm PST 
Mom says collars are really early warning systems! We have our rabies tags on so there's a little jangle when we become a thundering herd. Also, our vet engraves our rabies tags with our names and Mom's phone number, just in case we get out.
[notify]

Travis

Purred: Tue Jan 22, '13 11:59am PST 
We also only wear collars when the doors are opened for watering the garden, or fresh air for us. We are both microchipped though, but mom's still nervous if anything happens that we have our collars on when doors are open.wave
[notify]

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '13 1:46pm PST 
Absolutely! You can buy the kind that breaks away if they get caught. I'd be devastated if my cat got out & didn't have any info, even if it was chipped
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3