GO!

My Cat just ate a bird feather....

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Precious- Kit-Kit

If it dont- crunch get it- off my food-mat

Purred: Fri Nov 16, '12 7:15pm PST 
I picked up a bird feather (we have a parakeet as well), and KitKit ate the feather from my fingers like it was treat. Should I take her to the vet? Is she ok? It was just the feather. She is acting normal, other than eating the feather - I've never seen her do that before. Thanks!!!
[notify]

~Grizzly~

Catch it before- it catches you!

Purred: Sat Nov 17, '12 2:01pm PST 
Ummm.... I eat BIRDS all the time (they all have feathers) so I've eaten my share of feathers too, my guess is that you eating one small feather does not warrant a trip to the v*t.
[notify]

P.C.

aka, Squeeker,- Toeboy or- Perfict Cat

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '12 6:31pm PST 
I would have to agree with the other cat. I am a mighty hunter and I also have eaten my share of birds and there feathers. But if you are concerned, please have your pplz call your Vet and do as they say. Best of luck and please let us know how things go .
cat on moon
[notify]

Amber

Georgian Blue

Purred: Sat Dec 1, '12 1:11pm PST 
That is pretty normal cat behavior. There is no need to go to the vet. She will be fine. Feathers actually make up part of a normal cat diet. It’s like a tasty treat! Don’t worry about it.
[notify]