GO!

My cat has two claws growing from one joint?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Toast

Watch out for- evil kitty ears!

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 8:12am PST 
Toast appears to have two claws growing from each of his "pinky" toes on his front legs. His other pads have hard white callouses in the same spot, so I'm wondering if they are just large callouses. There is a bit of skin between the two "claws" and the growth is bumpy, white, and dirty looking. The larger of the two would probably be 3/4 of a centimeter long. It doesn't seem too sensitive but it also was definitely not there a month ago. I do clip his claws and sometimes they crack when I do, could it be an ingrown nail? Should I be taking him to the vet? Or is this a normal thing from his claws shedding? He does have a scratching post. Like I said, a few of his pads do have hard white bumps where these growths are on the pinkies.
[notify]

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 3:10pm PST 
Felix had one on his toe - almost made that toe's claws look like pincers. The vet said it was like a corn, and popped it right off. His was dark though - but he is a black kitty. Never hurts to check with the vet though maybe when Toast goes in for a checkup or something. cat on moon
[notify]

Toast

Watch out for- evil kitty ears!

Purred: Thu Nov 8, '12 7:38am PST 
Thank you! Now that I think of it it does look like a weird corn. I moved it around and it didn't seem sensitive so I think I'm going to leave it until he gets his vaccines in a month and get it looked at then, unless it gets worse. Thank you for putting my mind at ease smile
[notify]