GO!

What's making Sprinkles itchy?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Sprinkles

Grumpy yet- Loving. Lazy yet- Playful.

Purred: Wed Sep 26, '12 2:38pm PST 
Today I noticed my cat was scooting and biting/licking her lower belly. I took a look and found a round spot (about the size of a nickle) that was spotted with black. The spots are the size of a pin head. They are not moving and you can't scratch them off the skin. Is this a bug of sorts or is it a rash? I've seen flea poo and it does not appear to be this. The dots are not all over the stomach- they are just in that small circle. If you know what this is please let me know. If you have any questions for me please lemme know and I will respond quickly. She's short haired and about 7 years old. White stomach and splotched of black fur on her back. She's completely an indoor cat. She's never gone outside. We live in an apartment by the city. It's not as big as a tick. There is probably close to 50 tiny dots in that small circle. They've had fleas (from the neighbor >:[) and the dots are much smaller than that and not moving at all.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Thu Sep 27, '12 10:41am PST 
I think this needs to be seen by a vet. It's impossible to even guess without seeing it. Could it be ringworm? Those dots aren't usually black, but I don't know what else to suggest.
[notify]