GO!

Heartbroken over Cat's Terminal illness

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Nigel ~Angel- DB #41b

11 pounds of- pure love!

Purred: Fri Sep 7, '12 3:07pm PST 
We are so very sorry to hear about Morpheus. I know it is hard not to feel that way, but you shouldn't feel guilty and think you didn't take good enough care of your cat. There is no way you could have prevented it or known it was going to happen. You did everything you could do. My Nigel developed saddle thrombosis after we took him in for a steroid infusion to try to shrink a vaccine-associated sarcoma tumor. He was at the vet for 5 days on an IV. We took him home and he stayed 3 more weeks with us before he went to the Bridge.

You are in our thoughts and prayers. ♥♥
big hughug

Edited by author Fri Sep 7, '12 3:10pm PST

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Fri Sep 7, '12 6:35pm PST 
cry I'm so sorry for your Morpheus passing onto the Rainbow Bridge rainbow

He will be fureva loved & surrounded with all the Angel furriends little angel

We will keep you in out purrs & prayers!

Gently wrapping our (((arms around you!))) hugbig hug hug
[notify]

Xena- Princess- Warrior - DG#23

Xena the Warrior- Princess

Purred: Fri Sep 7, '12 8:19pm PST 
It happened to my older sisfur years ago, Mom found her on the floor screaming, Mom looked at her and new immediately that she couldn't walk. Mom took her to the Vet and he told us a blood clot was stuck in the middle of her body and she would never walk again. He said she could live, just wouldn't be able to get around very good or know when she pottied....Mom knew in her heart that this is not what she would want so she made her journey that very day. It broke Moms heart that she had to let her go and because she was in pain Mom wasn't even able to hold her, she was able to only say good bye through the cage....Mom will never forget that horrible day.

We know how hard this is and we are praying for you both...hug
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Sat Sep 8, '12 5:57pm PST 
Purring for you...and sending you lots of healing light. We are so sorry this happened. There at times are no explanations, and you did all you could.
you and your wonderful Morpheus are thought of here.
[notify]

Chiquitita

Sing a new- song...

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '12 4:51am PST 
We send our hearts and our purrrs, and our gentle head bonks too.
hug
[notify]

Sir Earl- Grey aka- Arnie

One Cat Earl, to- rule them all

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '12 7:02am PST 
Thank you all so much for your caring words. I don't know why this has been so tough for me...I guess because he was my best friend. I miss him so much.

I didn't mention that my son brought home a kitten about six months ago, his name is Earl Grey. I have grown attached to Earl Grey, but he isn't my Morpheus.

Morpheus would always greet everyone with this little nod and meow, like he was saying, "hey, whats up". He was a very interactive cat who liked to have conversations with people and was very loving, always seeking kisses. I've never had a pet like him. I had been through so many things with him and he was always there for me.

Actually the new cat makes me feel guilty, that he was moved in as a replacement for Morpheus, which there no way he can. I find myself distancing myself from him because I can't replace my Morpheus, ever.

I've lost pets before, but didn't feel the huge loss that I'm feeling this time. I miss him so much and just keep crying when I think of him or look at his picture.

I know he was just a cat...but he was so much more to me. cry

Edited by author Sun Sep 9, '12 7:18am PST

[notify]

Sir Earl- Grey aka- Arnie

One Cat Earl, to- rule them all

Purred: Mon Sep 24, '12 11:30am PST 
I made a memorial page for Morpheus. Please visit and find out how great he was. I miss him so!!cry

http://www.catster.com/cats/1269643
[notify]

Kitty- "2004-2010- always- loved"

Queen Kitty- Ruler of the- Beanie Babies

Purred: Mon Sep 24, '12 3:11pm PST 
Keeping You In our thoughts, Kitty and I were very Close and as unfair as it seemed it took me a lil while to mourn her loss before I was able to give Our other 2 Cats the full atttention that they wanted and needed.
[notify]

Jack

Purred: Tue Sep 25, '12 7:49am PST 
He's at the rainbow bridge now, and has been returned to his healthy youthful state. He knows no pain, only sunshine, happiness, and peace. The only thing that is missing is you, and the two of you will be reunited again one day. I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a cat is never ever easy. *hug* We'll be purring for you.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2