GO!

Heartbroken over Cat's Terminal illness

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sir Earl- Grey aka- Arnie

One Cat Earl, to- rule them all

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '12 6:23pm PST 
I found my cat of 15 years today,meowing and his hind legs paralyzed. I rush him to the vet and got a diagnoses of Saddle thrombosis. The condition is caused by a blood clot blocking blood flow to the hind legs. All they can do is try blood thinning drugs and pain meds. We are going to wait overnight and see if he is better, if not...euthanasia in the morning. There is only a 10% he will make it

I am heartbroken and taking this very badly. I feel so guilty that maybe I didn't take care of him good enough. I feel guilty he is spending his last night all alone and I'm making him suffer when there really is no hope. I'm going to force myself to be there when he dies, but I know it's going to kill me.

His name is Morpheus and he's the best cat ever.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '12 6:31pm PST 
Saddle thrombosis is devastating and in no way your fault. There's nothing you can or could have done to even know this was coming. It's a terrible disease that just happens. I'm so very, very sorry this is happening. hug
[notify]

~Avail~ - 02/14/00 - 09/17/13

Bad Mojo :D

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '12 10:45pm PST 
Many purrs to you and your sweet boy Morpheus. Here's hoping that the medicine works so you can have more time with him. hug It's never easy when us fuzzies get sick, especially with a bad prognosis, but no matter what, we know that we love our humans very much and they love us.
[notify]

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 1:30pm PST 
My pretty kitty Morpheus is gone. I loved him so much.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 2:10pm PST 
My heart goes out to you. I'm so very, very sorry. cryhug
[notify]

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 2:48pm PST 
I had to let my pretty kitty Morpheus go today. I held him as he was put to sleep and so glad they were able to make him comfortable enough that he was purring as he slept away. This is one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

Thanks for your kind words.
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 10:18pm PST 
A blood clot can happen to all cats, from outside cats to pampered show cats. It can happen any time, to young or old, and there's no way of knowing that it's coming. All Catsters know the heartbreak of losing their furchildren and we're sending our purrs and hugs across the miles to you.

It was so kind and very brave of you to be with Morpheus. His purring said he loves you and told you he understood it was time for you to part for a while ... until you meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Love to you and Morpheus,
Apollo
hugrainbowhug

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 10:22pm PST 
This is so hard...my heart goes out to you. Sometimes there are no words. Many hugs.
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Fri Sep 7, '12 10:36am PST 
You're in my purrs.
[notify]

Rogue

Mrs Foodie

Purred: Fri Sep 7, '12 2:09pm PST 
You done the only thing you couldve done, and it was not your fault, my heatr goes out to you at this difficult time, hope you are well, take life....and grief...only one day at a time xxx Purrs xx
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2