GO!

our kitten has uri..anyone's else?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Pippie

Ruling The- World, One- Bedroom At A- Time

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '12 9:12am PST 
so our kitten has uri an we already took him to the vet about a month ago and we received medication for him. so 2 weeks pass and we take him to the vet again and he's waaaay healthier! so he receives his first shot, he gained 2 pds in 2 weeks. anyway ihad asked the vet assistant if i should discontinue his medication and she said that i could keep giving it to him and just finish it, it wouldn't be bad. so i continued with his medicine and oddly enough he started sneezing again...but it was once a day. i was worried that he was getting sick again he began sneezing more frown my bf told me he may be sneezing cuz the litter so i cleaned it and everything else of his, put new litter and his sneezing lowered but hasn't totally stopped. could he be having allergies from the litter? or maybe his infection is coming back??

he also plays in his litter.. he tosses it everywhere! i could use some help..

Edited by author Thu Aug 16, '12 9:27am PST

[notify]

Eko

Mr. Eko - dark, but- good-hearted

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '12 11:45am PST 
I'd find the least dusty litter you can. We recently switched because of dust and have found Cat's Pride Fresh and Light Fragrance Free to be low dust. Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra is also low dust.

Eko here is has kitty cold (uri) flare ups and we think he has the feline herpes virus dormant in his system, as many cats do. This led us to discover the l-lysine supplement (our vet recommended it.) It helps fight off the viruses that cause kitty colds. You can google "l-lysine supplement for cats" and find powders, gels and treats. We use a powder we order from amazon and the kitties love it sprinkled on their food.

Good luck. Hope the little one feels better soon.
[notify]

Pippie

Ruling The- World, One- Bedroom At A- Time

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '12 1:21pm PST 
thank you. im gonna switch litters cuz this arm and hammer is really dusty, it makes me and my bf sick. also think he may have the herpes virus.. i'll be looking up that product
[notify]