GO!

Greenlee has Hepatic Lipidosis (fatty liver) - Will be put to sleep tomorrow :(

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Greenlee (In- Loving- Memory)

I'm sweet as- sugar but I can- be a spice!

Purred: Fri Aug 3, '12 8:17pm PST 
Our sweet Greenlee has been diagnosed with Feline Hepatic Lipidosis (also known as: Fatty Liver). She only has a 3% chance of surviving even after the expensive treatment. We have decided as a family to bring her home for the night to spend her last day in the comfort of her own home, then bring her back to the vet tomorrow morning, so she can begin her journey to Rainbow Bridge. This came on so sudden! She's only three years old. She is in so much pain though and is definitely suffering. She looks awful too. She will be missed greatly. I don't think we will ever find another one like her.

We will be having the vet make us a granite mold
stone with her green paw print. We thought green best resembled the memory of her since her name is Greenlee and her nickname is Greens.

Rest In Peace, Greenlee.
March 11 2009 - August 4 2012
We Love You FOREVER
[notify]

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Fri Aug 3, '12 8:37pm PST 
I am so sorry to hear that prognosis. You have done so much to try to help her - Bless you and your family.
Many hugs,
Purrcy's mumma
[notify]

Meow in- Loving- Memory

where is my Mom?

Purred: Fri Aug 3, '12 9:40pm PST 
Oh my Cat!cry I am so sorry you have to go through this! We are so glad she will be able to come home for the night and be with her Family.
Meowma had a cat who looked just like me, who had the same thing, that was over 13 years ago. She misses both of us very much. But she does know we are all still with her and that she will see us all again when it is her turn to cross the Rainbow Bridge

hug
[notify]

Deliah (In- Loving- Memory)

Purred: Fri Aug 3, '12 9:47pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. Greenlee & your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Peace 2 u all.

Here's a poem that has helped me get through the loss of many of my fur-babies. Maybe you will find comfort in it too.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

~Mary Elizabeth Frye
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Sat Aug 4, '12 7:21am PST 
so very sorry - I had hoped for better news for you & Greenlee. You did all you could, and she will be pain free. I know it is so very hard. We are all here for you. hugs, purrs & pawtaps Tigger, Smitty, Maizy, mom & the new little onehug
[notify]

Kiki

You... Treats...- Now...

Purred: Sat Aug 4, '12 7:33am PST 
We're all so sorry to hear that. It's really hard when these things come out of the blue like that. At least Greenlee knew she was loved. You gave her a wonderful, loving home for the life she's had. Its good she got to spend one last night with you.

She'll go to the rainbow bridge where she'll be healthy again and have lots of kitty friends to keep her company until you are reunited again. We're purring like crazy for you!
rainbow
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '12 6:56am PST 
I too had fatty liver but I recovered from it. I passed away from a pancreatic infection. I'm so very, very sorry you lost Greenlee. May she rest here at the bridge with all of her Catster friends. Big hugs to you and your family. I know how much this hurts, believe me. cry
[notify]