GO!

Greenlee continues to urinate on furniture...

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Pieces

Purred: Mon Jul 30, '12 11:43am PST 
Hopefully tomorrow will be helpful and you will find out what is wrong with your girl. Purrs from all of us here!
[notify]

Greenlee (In- Loving- Memory)

I'm sweet as- sugar but I can- be a spice!

Purred: Mon Jul 30, '12 11:24pm PST 
My mistake - They are feeding her Hills A/D Prescription Diet which is made specifically for cats recovering from serious illness, accident or surgery. I am eagerly awaiting morning to come. It's midnight here. I am so anxious to find out what the ultrasound results are tomorrow morning. I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts!
[notify]

Pieces

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '12 4:18pm PST 
What did the ultrasound show today? I'm not sure if you posted about it somewhere else but all the kitties here are curious! They still have their purr makers going at full speed!
[notify]

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '12 5:32pm PST 
Update on Greenlee (Evening of 7/31/12):

The ultrasound showed a partial gallbladder bile duct obstruction. The question now becomes "what exactly is obstructing it?" Greenlee is currently under anesthesia getting an aspirate on her liver and gallbladder. They will send it in to a pathologist and they will take a look at the sample of cells. They will look for signs of cancer or bacteria. They are also going to test Greenlee for FIV. FIV is associated with Lymphoma, and Lymphoma can cause Bile Duct Obstructions.

They are looking at all their options and trying to rule everything out. It doesn't look good for Greenlee, though. My dad says we don't have the money to spend $5,000 dollars on a cat, if she happens to need surgery or if she needs more care than our budget will allow. He bluntly said "We will put her to sleep if her needed care goes beyond our budget" frown

I am also extremely worried about our 2 other cats if she has FIV, which is contagious to other cats, what's their future looking like?

I am distraught, sad, and frustrated at my dad. He will spend $500,000 on our dogs, but I guess he doesn't think our cats are worth it frown
[notify]

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '12 12:21pm PST 
Another update on Greenlee (8/1/12):

The vet called. Greenlee does NOT have FIV. They wanted to rule that out first, so TODAY (8/1/12) she will be getting an aspirate/biopsy done on her liver and gallbladder to find out what is partially obstructing her bile duct. Even this may not determine what is obstructing it, and if that's the case, exploratory surgery may need to be done. I am not sure what Greenlee's future holds frown

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts. I will keep everyone updated. Poor sweet kitty, Greenlee. frown
[notify]

Baron

Purred: Thu Aug 2, '12 5:56am PST 
Poor Greenlee. :o( I hope that things end ok. I'm not sure what an obstructed bile duct looks like or the outcomes or anything really. I do know how stressful and sad it is when you think you might lose your baby especially because you can't/someone is unwilling to pay the bill.

We continue to keep Greenlee and her family in our kitty thoughts and prayers. Crossing our paws for good and cheap smile news!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2