GO!

Very skinny, very hungry cat...? Loses weight no matter how much she eats...

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Fiona

I'm a princess!

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 2:19pm PST 
My name is Fiona. I am 4 and I was a former feral kitten. I'm still a little skittish now.
I use to be a very healthy petite girl and as long as mom can remember, a "ravenous little vulture". I was even a little teeny bit pudgy at one year.
I sneak up on humans when they are eating and steal their food. I heard mom say I would eat a rock if it was dipped in salmon flavor...
The past few months I have dropped in weight and my hips are bony. Last month my eyes were dull and watery, but now I look much better. I even gained a tiny bit, but I am still a bony 5 lbs. I also had chronic diarrhea for a while there- a few weeks and nothing helped! Mom dewormed me JIC and took in a fecal. Nothing.
Mom has had me blood-tested and even an advanced T-4 thyroid panel even though I'm so young...and nothing...
I have started oinking (mom uploaded it to YOUTUBE!! "Cat oinks" or something equally genius *sarcasm*)
My 14.5 year old sister who we lost a few weeks ago also had this skinny but ravenous problem for the past year. She even had an ultrasound last May and bloodtests every 6 months.
My 2 year old brother just had surgery and was diagnosed for FIP so now isn't a good time financially for me to have an ultrasound that doesn't tell mom anything...
Has anyone ever had this problem??
[notify]

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 3:50pm PST 
has your poopie been checked for any parasites? sorry to hear about your brother, and of course we sure understand about finances & the vet. When you had your blood work, did the vet have any ideas? maybe you have a really high metabolism, and need a higher fat food.
[notify]