GO!

how do you handle a rainbow bridge crossing

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Greta (now- in kitty- heaven)

I am the QUEEN- OF THE HOUSE!

Purred: Wed Jul 18, '12 12:45pm PST 
Greta's mama here....

I can totally understand your hurt and pain. I had to put my Greta to sleep on July 4. She was weak and skinny too like your Baybee, but in her case she had kidney failure and hadn't eaten for days, but drank far too much water.

You've gotten some great advice...give yourself time to heal, don't feel bad if you cry still even months or years after...4 years ago I put Buster to sleep and I have times when I still cry about it...kitties are such a huge part of our lives, they leave "paw prints" on our hearts and when we have to let them go to the bridge it feels like there's a void. I know at least that's how it's felt for me.

Hopefully and maybe...in time you will find another kitty who will leave their paw prints on your heart, one who will help you move on and enjoy their companionship. For me, after losing Buster, Daniel & Solomon were the ones. The Lord gave them to me (I'm a Christian). I don't know yet who will take Greta's place...I am leaving that up to God. (He makes better choices than I do, LOL)
[notify]

George,- Mary & Willy- Darcy

In Residence at- Pemberly

Purred: Wed Jul 18, '12 1:10pm PST 
I came late to this thread also. Been EXTRA busy at work, then had computer problems and now problems with my right hand and foot. All of us on CATSTER understand your grief and sense of loss. I just lost my handsome Maine Coon mix, Louis Armstrong back in April. He had just made five years old, and I came home from work one day and he was on the sofa, I thought he was sleeping, and when I touched him he was stiff. I did not know Maine Coons can have a heart defect that can take them at ages 5-6. Two weeks to the day after I lost Louie a friend presented me with a TINY, fluffy black kitten (a female) her son had rescued out of a mud puddle. She has made me laugh every day, and helped me to heal.

As others have said, one day another cat will come into your life, not to take Baybee's place, but to make their own place in your heart and home. I lost four cats at one time when Hurricane Katrina came through the New Orleans area.

I know I will see all my beloved pets one day when we are reunited, along with my parents and other family and friends. I belive there is an "Animal Heaven", God created so many wonderful creatures, certainly they have a life after death also, and to make humans happy as well.

Sending Purrs and Soft Paw Pats,
The New Orleans Kittieshug
[notify]

Meow in- Loving- Memory

where is my Mom?

Purred: Wed Jul 18, '12 10:21pm PST 
We are all so sorry for your great loss!I have been gone for almost 6 years, and Meowma Still misses me!
hug
[notify]

Queen- Tallulah- Angel- Dreamgirl

cat with the dip- stick tail

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '12 7:20pm PST 
I am so sorry no one responded! we are not on here much when Mom is very busy with her pet sitting business...
It is not easy for any of us to have to make the decision to let go of our precious fur babies....it has been almost 2 yrs since I left my Mom....I had breast cancer and she had to take me so I could go and be at peace...

She still has my page up and I am here to help others it is Mom and my way of healing together...she still cries and it still hurts her so much...but the love and support we got here was overwhelming...so we are sad that no one was there for you, but know we are here for you now...

I am with your sweet angel all of us catster angels are together, we have wrapped our wings of warmth around your baby....now watch for a butterfly because we are sending you a special butterfly from heaven...you both are in our thoughts and prayers.

little angellittle angelQT
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2