GO!

FIP Anyone ever had a kitten get sick and die from FIP?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Fri Jul 13, '12 9:03am PST 
FIP is one of those diseases that can be challening to diagonse. Like some other malladies it's one of those that can be devesting, and while trying to find what 'it' is, as a pawrent, you are dealing with the 'what if's, the hope, the rollercoaster.

I think it's the Cornell Medical Center that is doing research on FIP....I believe that another recent pawrent's cat went to the Bridge due to an FIP diagnosis. I want to say that it was Guidos brother, who was a Cowboy kitty...

When I took Sabrina, I knew she had it. I felt we had to live in 'the moment. I loved her and I gave her what I could. I am so sorry for all everyone who has had to deal with the reality of having it come up at a diagnosis, or probable diagnosis and losing their fur baby to it.
[notify]

alley cat- angel

Miss Alley girl- girl

Purred: Fri Jul 13, '12 8:42pm PST 
Thank you Orange Ruffy. I lost my battle in October 2010 it still feels like yesterday to my mom. then in March of 2012 my sisterfur Boo got sick mom insisted they do an ultrasound after sever days of the vet treating her with anibotics and no changes. The ultra sound revealed fluid on her tummy maybe FIP maybe cancer but to far advanced to offer any chance of life for her frown we know the pain you feel and it is a horrible disease we thought it was a kitten (under 2) disease but not so Booboo was way over 5.
so sorry for yours loss we sure do know it hurts.
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Fri Jul 13, '12 9:32pm PST 
I was really sick when my daddy first brought me home. I was put on Clavamox for a cold but it didn't work. The doctors said they thought I had the dry form of FIP. My temp wouldn't go down and I had to go to the doctor 3 times a week to get poked for bloodwork. My daddy refused to give up and didn't think I had FIP. Daddy researched everything on FIP. We know FIP is very difficult to diagnose and usually can only be confirmed with an autopsy. My daddy finally called a lady on the telephone that had been through RIP with her kittens. Finally Daddy decided to put me on a human Zpack for 28 days but in kitty dose. I got BETTER! But had a relapse cry Daddy put me right back on it a second time. I have not been sick since! Both vets said that either I had some odd infection that did not show up on tests or I was able to beat it. It's been 4 years and I'm healthy as could be! I hope no one has to go through this. It is a terrible thing.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2