GO!

Obesity?!

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
MiMi

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '12 5:05am PST 
Thanks for the links! They are really helpful! I'm moving back in next week so I'm not going to be rehoming her. I finally just freaked out on my mother, as nicely as possible. She is now back to eating blue buffalo and she is no longer free feeding. MiMi looks better already. I've been coming home every weekend now to make sure that she is doing what I said to do. MiMi is being more active and her attitude is better (she was getting pretty grumpy). She went and sat on me and purred for the first time this summer. She had been going outside the box and that also stopped. It's amazing what a good food can do!

My mother still won't listen to me about the "treats" issue so... she's getting them taken away starting next week. I'm putting all of the cat stuff in my room so she can't dish any out while I'm at school.

I'm thinking that this whole situation is my mother "projecting" onto my cat. She is morbidly obese herself and when I was telling her to stop with the free feeding etc because MiMi was getting to be obese she was making excuses for her just like the ones she makes for herself. "She's just big boned!" (no) "She doesn't eat that much!" (yes, yes she does) "She's active!" (no she's not, no one plays with her when I'm not there).
[notify]

Sootball

I am so cute,- scratch my belly- mol

Purred: Fri Aug 24, '12 9:38pm PST 
I am glad things seem to be working out better now. Just remember that 1 lb in a Human is like 5lbs for us cats. So long as you are losing weight slowly, that is fine. But it could also be a medical problem and that you need to see your Vet about. Please keep us all advised as to how things keep going. Keep up the good work way to go Us extra toe kitties stick together!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2