GO!

Double canine teeth

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

SnowFlake

The Evil One

Purred: Sun Oct 9, '11 8:09pm PST 
Ok well no page yet for sylvester but he is starting to get his adult teeth in and he has on the one side two canine teeth. Does this hurt him. I noticed he won eat well anymore and his rmb's he wont touch which is unlike him. Does this hurt him.
[notify]

Ralphie & Randy

Purred: Mon Oct 10, '11 11:12am PST 
I would take him to the vet to make sure he didn't retain one of his baby teeth when the adult tooth grew in. If that is the case, the vet can pull the baby tooth and make sure there is no infection or other dental problems. Even without the tooth issues, he should be examined as soon as possible if he's not eating enough, as that can be dangerous.
[notify]

SnowFlake

The Evil One

Purred: Mon Oct 10, '11 6:31pm PST 
Ya it has been three days. Its a holiday here but I called the emerge and all they said was the tooth could be bothering him or he is off from the neuter although its been a week and he has been fine since then. He ate a little canned a/d at the vets. Then we brought him home and he wont eat anything again!!!! I can not get him to eat anything. The vets didnt really help.
[notify]

Ralphie & Randy

Purred: Tue Oct 11, '11 9:21am PST 
Oh wow, I'm surprised the emergency vet didn't take this more seriously. 3 days is a long time for a cat to have trouble eating, and he shouldn't be going downhill after his neuter IMO. Is this your regular vet? I hope you'll try them again today now that it's a regular business day, and if they don't suggest that you bring him in for an exam, I'd call another vet and get a second opinion. The poor little guy needs to eat, and he needs his teeth examined to make sure they aren't causing him trouble! If the problem is something to do with his neuter, he needs to have that addressed too!

In the meantime, try warming his wet food and see if that will encourage him to eat. If the food is warm, he'll be able to smell it more easily, and that may help him want to eat.

Please post updates! I'm worried about little Sylvester.
[notify]