GO!

Do males have more health issues than females?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Purred: Fri Jun 17, '11 4:50am PST 
I work at a vet clinic and I have been thinking about adding a male cat to my family. It seems that we get more males in our clinic with health issues than females, especially with urinary issues. Is that the case?

I'm really more particular on male cats since every female cat we've had has been extremely moody.
[notify]

Olivia,- Tanner, &- Finn

The Dyna Cats!

Purred: Fri Jun 17, '11 6:45am PST 
Male cats can be more prone to blockages, just because of their anatomy. However, starting them on a quality grain-free canned food should help keep that from occurring.

I know what you mean about the boy kitties - I always had female cats growing up, then didn't have any cats for a number of years, until adopting Olivia seven years ago. When Tanner came along, I hadn't intended on keeping him (he was a feral kitten who was born under my office building), but I just fell in love with him. Don't get me wrong, I love Olivia dearly, and she is wonderful, and very sweet, too, in her own way and on her own terms - but I LOOOOOVE my boys!!!!!!
[notify]