GO!

Revolution or Advantage?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Timo Katze - DB #105

Take it easy

Purred: Fri Mar 18, '11 8:53pm PST 
Hi Kitties:
Usually Mom gets us Revolution from our vet but our PetSmart has Advantage II on sale. And even when it's not on sale it's a lot cheaper. Does anyfurr know if the Advantage from PetSmart is any good? Is that kinda the same as Revolution? And do I need a purscription from my vet to buy it there?
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Fri Mar 18, '11 9:38pm PST 
Advantage kills fleas, Revolution kills fleas & keeps the eggs from hatching, also treats/kills ear mites, heartworm, roundworm, and other worm-parasites. That's why it is usually more expensive.
fyi, Frontline's difference is it also kills fleas/ticks, but not mites or worms.
The thing to think about is how much exposure you have to parasites by going outside or living with a dog who does.
Hope this helps, if you have more questions, just post again. kitty
[notify]

Bandit

Mommy\'s little- clown

Purred: Sat Mar 19, '11 4:50am PST 
We are both Revolution cats. We have found it to work better,for us, than anything else, except Capstar; a daily, somewhat expensive treatment that kills fleas dead immediately.dancing

Edited by author Sat Mar 19, '11 4:51am PST

[notify]

Timo Katze - DB #105

Take it easy

Purred: Sat Mar 19, '11 5:06am PST 
Thanks Tink and Bandit. That really helps. I don't have any fleas but sisfur loves to go outside and is allowed to do so for short periods with supervision. She goes to an area that's all grown over with tall grass looking for mousies but she rarely ever catches any and is not allowed to eat them anyway.

But back to me. I'm prone to earmites. I get them sometimes. But I think we have it under control now because Mom helps me clean my ears now. They sit on top of my head and sometimes I just forget to wash them and then they get yucky brown stuff in them. I go outside too but I always stay on the lawn right by the house because I'm scared of woofers.
[notify]

Rusty

let no food bowl- be empty

Purred: Sat Mar 19, '11 6:08am PST 
Hi;
My mom works for a vet and she always uses revolution on us. It takes care of earmites and scabies and roundworms (just in case you get to eat a mouse) It is different from advantage.
[notify]

Rusty

let no food bowl- be empty

Purred: Sat Mar 19, '11 6:09am PST 
I forgot to mention it also prevents heartworms.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sat Mar 19, '11 6:22am PST 
I highly recommend Revolution. Never ever had a reaction, it does not stain their fur, and the bottom line is, show kitties "cannot" have fleas, period. wave laugh out loud way to go
[notify]

Milkyway

Purred: Tue Apr 5, '11 5:18pm PST 
I know this is really REALLY late, but I wouldn't recommend anyone use Advantage. I've used it on my two cats once before, the drops you put on their heads, and it made them walk crooked for the night and act really odd. My father wanted to use it again the next day, but I'd already chucked it. I don't think I'll ever put a flea remedy on my cats head again, nor would I recommend anyone else to do so.
[notify]

George

Momma's- precious,- gorgeous,- handsome boy

Purred: Tue Apr 5, '11 7:00pm PST 
I'm probably also posting late, but Meowmy uses Revolution and she shops around for it. There are websites out there that will sell it a little cheaper if you buy more of it and they also have free shipping. That's what Meowmy does and none of us have ever had a reaction. Good Luck! smile
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Fri Apr 8, '11 9:35am PST 
Liquid flea medicine goes in between the shoulder blades to prevent ingestion. If a cat acts strangely after having flea medicine applied, it's probably likely that he/she licked some of the flea medicine off while grooming. If you have multiple cats, they may try to groom each other to get the "icky" stuff off. The info insert in the flea medicine box has side effects of accidental ingestion and general side effects from proper application.

Human's kittens are on Revolution. Neither like having it applied shrug Maybe it stings the skin a little thinking No bad fleas or ticks or heartworms for the kittens way to go

Other flea medicines are Capstar and Program. These only kill fleas.

I think there is also Interceptor thinking The new Drs Foster and Smith catalog lists a cat product available thinking
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2