GO!

The name of worms caused from fleas?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Milo Reyna

Momma's Moe

Purred: Sat Aug 21, '10 3:36pm PST 
Are they Hook worms or tapeworms? Lucky us we got fleas than the lucky worms that come with it. (fleas are gone yay applause )

Moms was going to treat us tonight but the worm medications was expired.

Mom Just wants to know what the actual name of the worm is... eekkk Those ugly white ones

Edited by author Sat Aug 21, '10 3:43pm PST

[notify]

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Sat Aug 21, '10 3:55pm PST 
They are tapeworms. It's very common, but you need to have your cat(s) treated - humans can contract tapeworms, too! Good luck!
[notify]

Mac's Cat

I am what is- called, a- recycled Cat!

Purred: Sat Aug 21, '10 8:13pm PST 
Yeah, those tapeworms are bad... Meowma used Sentryhc Worm Xplus.
Active ingredients are, Pyrantel pamoate/praziquantel. Now the one she used was labeled for Small Dogs & Puppies. Mom knows that the Pyrantel pamoate is what she knows as Strongid T and she checked on Google to make sure the other was safe for cats FIRST!
She used the orange box with the beagle on it.
Here is a link to Petsmart, it even has the Cat Tapeworm med on the same page, so you can see it is/was safe. Now I have Advantage on me to prevent fleas..

http://www.petsmart.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=wormers&ori gkw=wormers&sr=1
So good luck and please let us know how things go.
[notify]

Milo Reyna

Momma's Moe

Purred: Sun Aug 22, '10 2:35pm PST 
Thanks I actually bought those pills lastnight.... I'm debting if I should give them the pills now or wait until the 4th when I retreat them for flees... because the worms and flees can be a never ending cycle...

Does the D-worm stuff work for tape worms because I do have some but it doesn't say tape worm on the lable.

I just might treat them tonight an retreat the tapeworm in a month to be safe.
[notify]

Mac's Cat

Purred: Tue Aug 24, '10 12:16am PST 
Please tell me the exact name of the pills you bought.And what is in them. Yes you can give the pills now and again in two weeks. Then two weeks after that if you still see worms. All worms cycle every two weeks. Meowma did that with me, and then the vet dewormed me last Sat. but not for tapes, just because it was part of the package price and was included . It will not hurt to be dewormed often.
Please let us know how things go.
hug
[notify]

BeBop

Purred: Wed Aug 25, '10 2:08pm PST 
Yesterday my foster mom freaked out when she saw me running around the room whith a white and black string-like thing coming out from my behind. Took me to vet(and the thing) it was a tapeworm.
He gave me prizaquantel, brand name is Drontal.
We already were dewormed with pyrantel when we were rescued but still have fleas.Vet said pyrantel doesn't work too well for tape as Drontal (the worm was white, got clay litter stuck to it that's why it looked b&w)
[notify]

Mac's Cat

Purred: Thu Aug 26, '10 9:40pm PST 
You are quiet right Bebop, (Love your name). That is why you have to use two different dewormers and both again at two weeks apart.
[notify]