GO!

Is your cat taking Standard Process Feline Immune System Support??? PLEASE READ

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Nemo (until- we meet- again)

What\'s for- dinner

Purred: Fri Apr 23, '10 12:13pm PST 
My cat Nemo has been taking this for 4 years because of his FIV+. He has done really well on it until recently. He gradually started to lose appetite, which had NEVER happen before. I found him puke out his pill a couple of times. I took him off it and changed his diet. He showed tremendous improvements just in a couple of days. When his appetite became normal I started to give him the pill again. Just two days/pills later he started to puke it out again.

I have talked to two friends who also give their cats the same pill. The cats of one friend reacted to the pill strongly (vomit). The other friend's cat has recently started to lose appetite.

Have you experienced anything odd lately? I wonder if there are problems with the recent production of SP Feline Immune System Support.

Nemo's staff--Susie
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 1:26pm PST 
My mom knows people who give this and my mom's sister sells this stuff. She's never liked the idea of giving this because of the ingredients. Oat flour, buckwheat juice, pea vine juice. Those aren't good ingredients to give to a cat. My mom is super duper antigrain because of her kitty Alex that died from complications of IBD. She's seen the smallest amount of ingredients like this stuff do some damage to kitty's tummies. Don't know if that's the problem but can I ask what you're taking it for? My mom has a website for kitties with IBD and other health problems and maybe she can recommend something safer.
[notify]

Nemo (until- we meet- again)

What\'s for- dinner

Purred: Tue Apr 27, '10 8:53pm PST 
I have FIV (Feline immunodeficiency virus). I've been taking Standard Process Feline Immune System Support for about 4 years now. Never had any problem before. It came highly recommended by my previous and current homeopaths (Classical homeopaths). My staff has also done some research before. She's only seen good things about it.

We are also sort of antigrain. My brother and I are on raw diet of fresh human-grade, organic whenever possible, protein, pretty much 100% protein. I'm not allergic to grains and my stomach has been super strong. I pretty much eat ANYTHING they give me (or I can steal. big laugh ) I've been doing super well on the raw diet and supplements recommended by my homeopaths until just recently. My staff is wondering if there's anything wrong with the productions of late.

Nemo

Edited by author Tue Apr 27, '10 8:53pm PST

[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Wed Apr 28, '10 7:45pm PST 
Nemo, from what I've seen, grains can start affecting you at any point. And a product can also start affecting you strangely if your intestinal flora has changed, which it may have because you're now eating raw. Maybe this product just isn't right for you anymore. There are other immune boosters you can use. L-lysine in the kitty form works really well. Lacey and I take it for allergies and upper respiratory issues. You may have to just change to another product. Our bodies get used to things and sometimes they just aren't good to give anymore.
shrug
[notify]

Purred: Mon Nov 4, '13 2:39pm PST 
I would love an update on this supplement. I was given it just today for my cat Bob.
He is stomatitis. I also don't believe in giving him grains of any kind so an leery of this supplement
I will hold off until I can ask the vet about it.
Bob got very sick from eating dry cat food and is now on all raw and doing better. Sure don't want him sick again.
[notify]