GO!

Trouble sitting down...?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Cara

Purred: Sun Dec 28, '08 7:35pm PST 
I noticed today that it seemed like my cat, Cara, has trouble sitting down on her bottom.
It's like to starts to sit down and right when her bottom is about to touch whatever she is sitting on she raises it back up.
It seems to me like she's trying to sit down and then it is hurting her so she raises her butt up right at the last minute because it hurts. And she does that several times before she actually sits or lays down finally.
I know it sounds kind of weird and I don't even know if you were able to understand what I am describing....
Does this behavior sound familiar to anyone?? Or any suggestions???
I haven't noticed any other change in behavior or appetite. Just the problem with sitting/laying down.
I'm worried.....confused
Thank you....
[notify]

Tommy

Beloved

Purred: Sun Dec 28, '08 8:33pm PST 
We are all boys here, but Momma says that trouble sitting down was one of our big symptoms when we had crystals and got blocked up.

I think things get inflamed down there.

Please make a trip to your vet as soon as possible, you may have a UTI or worse.
[notify]

Khina

Don't breed or- buy when shelter- pets die

Purred: Sun Dec 28, '08 9:22pm PST 
Yeah I don't think this is a behavior thing. I think it actually hurts her to sit down. I suppose it could be anything from constipation to impacted anal glands to a UTI. I think I would collect a fecal sample and go to the vet.
[notify]

Cara

Purred: Mon Dec 29, '08 5:09am PST 
Yeah....I think I will see how she does today and give the vet a call. I will try to get a fecal sample too.
She is eating and drinking just fine. I've given her a little butter hoping maybe that will loosen her up.
Thanks for your suggestions...any other posts would be helpful!! thinking
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Mon Dec 29, '08 5:41am PST 
It almost sounds like the anal glands, it says it is very painful, found a link
for you.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2122&aid=509

But if its a UTI (urinary tract infection) or IBD (inflammatry bowl disease)
thats not something you want to wait on either.

Some of the symptoms of a UTI are sitting in the cat box too long, crying
in the cat box, peeing not in the cat box, excessive licking of the penis,
throwing up.

If its not the anal glands, and not a UTI, it may be constipation, ask for an
x-ray, this would tell the vet for sure, she would be able to see it on the
x-ray. Either way, I wouldn't wait. Let us know and hope he is feeling
better soon. smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilebig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinsmilesmilesmilesmilesmile
[notify]