GO!

Poll: Who is the primary cat care giver in your home?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  
Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Sun Sep 7, '08 8:11am PST 
Just thought I would start a poll because I was wondering who does most of the caregiving . . . Feeding, litter clean up, vet visits, grooming, etc. At our house Mom does all the "dirty" work, and Dad gets away with just giving lots of love. No fair! MOL laugh out loud

We are curious about all kinds of households, not just ones with Mom & Dad!
[notify]

Sherlock and- Kritter

Two are trouble

Purred: Sun Sep 7, '08 8:18am PST 
Leaf, Our house (and barn) are the same as yours! It's Meowmy most of the time. Sometimes Dad lets her have the night off from the barn (Horses and cats) feeding and he will do it by himself. laugh out loud
[notify]

Gracie

I'm the baby,- gotta love me!

Purred: Sun Sep 7, '08 8:50am PST 
Mom. Dad will make an effort and remember to feed us when mom is out, but cleaning the litter boxes, washing the water fountain, and pilling cats? All stuff mom ends up doing.

Mom says that if she ever becomes pregnant she's going to take somewhat of a perverse pleasure in having the table turned and seeing dad clean two boxes twice a day. laugh out loud She's been doing that alone for months (dad weasels out of it by doing the dishes), and she's kind of tired of it.
[notify]

Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Sun Sep 7, '08 9:00am PST 
Ahh yes pilling! Another fun task that Mom does here. Oh yeah and she gives IV fluids to Matilda. And we have 2 fountains too. Dad feeds us when Mom is out too, but he usually gives dry food because it's easier than opening cans.

Edited by author Sun Sep 7, '08 9:01am PST

[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Sun Sep 7, '08 9:15am PST 
It's mom every day. She even did the litterbox while pregnant because she had already been exposed to toxoplama on the job (found this out via a blood test). So she didn't even get a break then...well maybe on a few occasions.
[notify]

Winnie

I'm a beauty- queen

Purred: Sun Sep 7, '08 9:17am PST 
My mommy does. She is the one who adopted me, but I think Daddy has grown to like me. wink
[notify]

Matilda

Did you say- Cream Cheese?!?

Purred: Sun Sep 7, '08 10:44am PST 
It's Mom's job. My dad and sissy just get to love on us. But we are Mom's kitties; Daddy didn't want any more kitties after Abbie and Sasha passed away, but Mommy couldn't live without us.
[notify]

FOREST

PLAY PLAY PLAY

Purred: Sun Sep 7, '08 1:32pm PST 
Mom but she's the only one to do it. Maybe if we ever get a daddy he will help out some????? But from the other posts we won't hold out breath.
[notify]

The- Wisconsin- cats

Purred: Sun Sep 7, '08 1:59pm PST 
We have a single Mom so she does everything. Mr. Fez gets L-lysine paste to help prevent herpes flair ups, Mickey gets inhalers for his asthma twice a day and is also currently finishing up a course of twice daily antibiotics for an URI. Linus also needs to have his teeth brushed daily as he has juvenile gingivitis. Not to mention scooping litter boxes, food, water, and of course lots of love and attention. Also scheduling our vet appointments - we're regulars and our vet's staff usually recognizes Mom's voice on the phone! We're kind of an expensive family of cats, but Mom says we are worth it. No room in the inn for any more right now though!
[notify]

Shai Ming

My Cat Fu is- Better Than- Akira's

Purred: Sun Sep 7, '08 2:34pm PST 
Momma and Daddy both do it.

Daddy gets up early for work, so he feeds us everyday during the week in the morning and Momma feeds us at night.

Daddy cleaned our boxes in the morning and before he goes to bed and Momma does it once during the day if it's needed.

They both chop up our food and get it all portioned out for us.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15