GO!

White gums, labored breathing, staggering...I can't find an Emergency vet nearby!!!

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Velcro (In- Loving- Memory)

Fix one save- 1,000 please- spay/neuter!

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 9:07pm PST 
I'm freaking out really bad now, and I mean REALLY bad; Velcro finally came back from running out, and we started getting her ready for a bath but she started freaking out like we were torturing her, which isn't even normal for her (maybe it's her heat). Well we noticed her nose and gums are white, her breathing isn't too great, her tongue is pale, and she was staggering. I need an emergency vet but our lousy county doesn't have one, our car is NOT reliable so driving it any farther than Vancouver, WA would be very bad, especially if we broke down we'd have noone to get us, I MIGHT be able to arrange a ride, but it is such short notice that I don't know. I did a google search but I can't find emergency vets anywhere nearby. Does anyone have a listing for one within 40 minutes of Cowlitz County, WA? We have a stool sample too right now, it's firm but light tannish in color...her poos are usually darker than that.

I don't want to wait until morning to call her regular vet, she MIGHT have gotten into somebody's rat poison, this is similair to what my cousin's dog went through when he got into it. I'm bawling my eyes out and can't even rationalize right now, I don't know what to do! Can ANYONE help a terrified cat 'mom' out? Please?

Edited by author Thu Jul 17, '08 9:49pm PST

[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 9:22pm PST 
Can you get a ride into Portland? It's not that much farther. Dove Lewis Emergency hospital is here and they are 24 hr. You might even just want to call them and see if they can tell you anything or know of any emergency places closer to you.

503-228-7281
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 9:25pm PST 
Clark County Emergency Pet Clinic
6828 NE Fourth Plain Blvd
Vancouver, WA 98662
360-694-3007
[notify]

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 9:27pm PST 
Thank you so much, calling them now!!!
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 9:30pm PST 
Sending lots of purrrrrrrrrrs to you and Velcro. Please let us know how she is.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrshug
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 9:33pm PST 
Oh my gosh! eek

I found one:

St. Francis 24 Hour Animal Hospital

They're in Vancouver, WA....

I'll keep looking!

Edited by author Thu Jul 17, '08 9:35pm PST

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 9:35pm PST 
If you have time, check out this page on how to handle a pet emergency. Gives different situations and things to do.

http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/emergencies.html
[notify]

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 9:47pm PST 
Thank you all, I might just have a ride to Vancouver from a good friend of mine and my fiance. But now she's perked up a lot and ate some grilled chicken breast (not the grilled part, the soft inner part) that I gave her; she started freaking out and had white gums when we were trying to restrain her and get her ready for a bath; is it possible that she had a panic attack? I'm still going to get a second opinion, because this is REALLY weird. But if it can hold out until the morning and I can call her regular vet first thing and tell them it's an emergency--because it pretty much is---, that would be even better. I don't have a LOT of money right now, only about $300 maximum until I get my next check in about two weeks, and Emergency vets I know are expensive; the exam alone is going to be $80. I don't care about money right now, it comes and goes, but I need enough of it to pull through this; I just hope I have enough.

Edited by author Thu Jul 17, '08 9:50pm PST

[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 9:58pm PST 
We are glad you are coming out of the twist a bit. Who knows what happened to you while you were outside. You could have been in a fight right before coming home and then the additional stress really took over. I also still recommend that second opinion or see if they will at least speak with you over the phone and ask a few questions.

Purrr Purrrr Purrrrrrrr
hughug
[notify]

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 10:17pm PST 
None of the vets will tell me what they think it is, they said "we have absolutely no idea, you have to bring her in", which no offense, but I found THREE different things it could be just by doing a google search confused. Now she's acting completely normal, she's up and moving around, playinh with a toy, poofing my back, and eating and begging for some cooked chicken breast. I now think it's anemia, because unlike rat poison, her poo isn't yellowish at all or weird textured (it looks normal but lighter, but that could be the change in diet, she tried a couple samples of grain free cat food, has been getting more wet food, and has been getting some raw meat treats). So I'm going to observe her, even sleep out here in the living room tonight, and I'm giong to feed her raw liver because it is high in iron.

We were trying to wash her tonight to get rid of fleas. My friend who was going to give me the ride is now working on bathing her. I told him I'm going to pay him to do it since he's one of the only people not afraid to do it heh.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2