GO!

Blocked tear duct

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Bear Boo &- Maxx

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 10:29am PST 
Hi there, we are new to the group. Has anyone had any problems with their kittie's tear duct which is blocked....any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

Nikolai - Dreamboat- #24

Sir Nikolai

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 12:40pm PST 
I have blocked tear ducts! One of my tear ducts is permanently blocked, the other one my vet was able to clear out when I was under to have a broken tooth removed. I don't know what questions you may have, but feel free to pawmail me or ask on this thread. But don't worry, you will still be a happy, healthy kitty regardless of any blockage.
[notify]

Iris

Purred: Wed Apr 9, '08 7:25pm PST 
I have blocked tear ducts too! Before I was adopted I was in a bad place and had an untreated eye infection. It doesn't bother me too much, although sometimes my eyes tear a lot. My mom just makes sure to keep my face clean and use antibiotic ointment if all the wetness is making my skin irritated. For a while it was so bad my face would bleed frown But a combination of eye drops and ointment cleared that up!
[notify]

Nikolai - Dreamboat- #24

Sir Nikolai

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 9:26am PST 
My eyes run too! It makes me look like I am crying. I had an illness as a kitty, and that caused my eyes to run and ducts to plug up. Mom just washes my face when I look bad. I don't like that much though. The pet store also sells eye wipes for kitties if you are interested. Don't be concerned if the gunk coming off on the wipes looks like dried blood, it's not. My mom checked it out with my vet.
[notify]