GO!

Vomiting white foam and lethargic.

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Sylvester

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '08 8:25am PST 
My cat, who is usually a good eater and very active, starting acting very lethargic and vomiting white foam. We have recently changed cat foods but my other two cats are fine. Has anyone else had this problem? He started this yesterday and has continued to vomit white foam through the night. PLEASE HELP!!!!
[notify]

PUDGE&hearts- ;in- memory&heart- s;

fear me mice!

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '08 9:04am PST 
GET HIM TO A VET NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! the only 2 cats i had that did that were actually in the process of dying!!!!!! he may have been poisoned or something is SEVERELY WRONG with his digestive system. blockage, crystals, poison, all these can do that!
[notify]

Felix

Handsome Devil

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '08 9:30am PST 
Please RUSH to the vet. It sounds like poisoning. Hurry, hurry...
[notify]

Sylvester

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '08 2:35pm PST 
Thanks for the responses.....I took him to the Vet immediately and the good news is he didn't find anything "horrible" wrong with him...he's keeping him overnight and giving him nausea/vomiting meds and antibiotics and will watch him until tomorrow. If he's not acting better by Monday I will take him back for blood work, xrays, etc. Hopefully he ate something that just didn't agree with him temporarily...after all...he does like to peel wall paper off of the wall and eat it so there's no telling.
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '08 8:36pm PST 
Was the food change gradual or abrupt? If it happened too quickly, his tummy may have just reacted badly. Otherwise, you're probably right to assume he got his mouth on something he shouldn't have eaten (I'm a kitty who eats dryer lint, so I know all about that). I hope he'll continue to improve at the vet's office and at home.
[notify]