GO!

Small amount of pee

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Mesha

The Alley Cat

Purred: Mon Jan 14, '08 4:46am PST 
So last night I noticed Mesha had peed less amount of urnine then she normally does...should I be concerend? This was the only time I noticed this and the previous times had been normal. She isn't struggling going potty and she seems to be using the box the same amount of time as before.
[notify]

Leaf

Must kick and- shred!

Purred: Mon Jan 14, '08 7:13am PST 
I would keep a close eye on her today and she how she uses the litterbox. Good thing she has such a good mommy who cares for her! She is probably fine, but it is good to watch out for any problems. Good luck!
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Mon Jan 14, '08 10:08am PST 
As usual, you are such a good mommy. I think it's worth watching, but probably isn't anything. If it happens more frequently, then I would take her to the vet. As it is, she probably just didn't have much in her at the time.
[notify]

Horus

Wild Hunter -- in my- immagination

Purred: Mon Jan 14, '08 10:54am PST 
Something to consider - it's natural for kitties to mark their box. So if you had just changed the litter, she might have just wanted to say "mine", even if all she had was a drop or two.
[notify]

cleo

Purred: Mon Jan 14, '08 12:24pm PST 
Since it is a small amount it's probably nothing more than the cat naturally getting rid of toxins. If it becomes more frequent in large amounts, it may be a bladder infection, therefor it's a good idea to keep an eye on things.

www.petwellbeing.com
[notify]

MORTICIA

brat princess- with sharp claws

Purred: Mon Jan 14, '08 12:39pm PST 
too soon to tell. look at her habits for the next day or so. she may not have drank alot. vets want you to see them when it's small amounts frequently or nothing comes out but they keep visiting the box.
[notify]

Mesha

The Alley Cat

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '08 3:52pm PST 
Oh no I am not getting better and have to go to the vet Friday afternoon. Mesha is now frequently going to the box and peeing droplets of pee or nothing at all. Stool, eating habits, drinking habits are normal. I'm hoping it is a uti...what do you think. I'm so worried.
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '08 4:09pm PST 
Sounds like a UTI. Can you go to the vet earlier? Those nasty infections can get bad pretty quickly.

Poor thing. We were hoping it was nothing at all.
[notify]

Mesha

The Alley Cat

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '08 3:01am PST 
Well my husband is gonna see if he can get her in this morning. I assume they will run a test on her urine to see if it is a UTI? What if there is nothing in the bladded because of the infection...how will they be able to know if it is a UTI? Can you see crystals in the urine as well? Sorry for all the questions.
[notify]

Blade- (2000-2010)

BE RESPONSIBLE,- SPAY AND NEUTER!

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '08 3:24am PST 
If you could manage to get a sample of the urine before you go to the vet, that would be of great help to him/her for testing for infection or crystals. The urine will be looked at under a microscope to see if crystals are present.
The most important thing is that urine is actually being passed at all because cats can get totally blocked and this is a life threatening situation. When you try to get her into the vets today make sure you tell them that "very little or no urine" is coming out - this is very important.
See if Mesha will use the tray with no litter in - you may be able to get a sample this way.
If you can't manage to get a sample don't worry but it would be useful.

Edited by author Thu Jan 17, '08 3:29am PST

[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3