GO!

the pouch?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Chloe

Miss Clean

Purred: Tue Oct 23, '07 9:42am PST 
my cats have those pouches on their stomachs, and I wanted to know is it genetic or something that occurs after being spayed?
[notify]

♥ - Sara - ♥

Judge not, lest- ye be judged!

Purred: Tue Oct 23, '07 10:47am PST 
I have the same thing! I was spayed at 6 months, and never had a litter!

I have a pooch just like MOMMY does!!! I am over weight by about a pound or 2... and I'm an indoor cat mostly. So I'm not really active.

Maybe we can get a tummy tuck?? MOL!big laugh

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Tue Oct 23, '07 12:03pm PST 
Often referred to as spay sway. It is typically a bit of fat that has accumulated in the abdominal area. Plenty of exercise will help to keep this from becoming larger.

Check out this thread!
Droopy fat pouch, or saggy skin
[notify]

Nomie

GRRRRRRR to- everyone except- Daddy

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '07 11:06am PST 
Both me and my sister Poopy have what Mom calls 'pooches'. It's fairly common in spayed girl cats.

I think it makes me look pretty cheer
[notify]

Natasha

The 5lb Miracle- Cat

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '07 6:29pm PST 
It's very common among spayed cats.

Keep up the exercise and don't let it get bigger.

Since switching to a raw diet though, Natahsa no longer has a "spay sway". Maybe it was the diet change?

But she looks very slim and beautiful none the less.
kitty
[notify]

Lola and max

Do It, I Dare- ya.

Purred: Thu Nov 8, '07 6:42pm PST 
Can you all do me a favor? look at my pictures and tell me if that looks like a pouch? I was fixed in the summer and mommy is really worried i have fip, my sister had it...
[notify]

Hannibal

Purred: Thu Nov 8, '07 7:26pm PST 
Lola-
FIP and the pooch, as my mom affectionately calls it, are not medically related.
As for the pooch, it's not only you ladies that fall victim to an unsightly flap of belly skin, us males do too. I developed mine once I hit about 4 yrs of age. Mom says it's just more belly to rub. It's not fat, just extra skin. Most indoor cats get it as they age. I guess I could try sit ups....
Hanny =^..^=
[notify]