GO!

Cat safe ant killer? Help!!!

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Maisy

Can I sit on- your lap?

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '07 5:28pm PST 
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of something that will get rid of ants in my house that's safe for pets? Everything I see in the stores says keep away from pets, I've tried the ant baits and put them in places where the cats can't get to them but it's just not working on the ants. I get them in one room and have to spray it with some toxic chemicals and keep the cats out of there but then the ants just move to another room! I need something I can use througout the house. I've also sprayed all around the house on the outside to try to keep the ants out but I think maybe that's just keeping them in the house??? These ants are driving me crazy! shrug
[notify]

Lolo

MEOW?

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '07 7:36pm PST 
I have the same concern. For some reason ants are everywhere this summer. I would recomend (as harsh as it sounds) spraying your cat with a water bottle. Then when you go to use the ant spray they'll put two and two together and avoid the situation all together. If this doesnt work or youre unconfterble with it try things that will repell your cat my cat HATES the smell of garlic i would try rubbing some around the area. I really wish you the best. GOOD LUCK!
[notify]

Pancho

i ♥- cuddling!

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '07 8:48pm PST 
the best method to kill them is with equal (aspartame). they eat it and die because it's a nerve toxin. it is in humans too but the effects are greatly magnified in ants. it should kill all of them pretty efficiently and all you have to do is sprinkle it around.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '07 9:13pm PST 
Orange Guard. I get mine at the local hardware store (there is a link on their website for locations that sell it). It's safe for use around pets, kids and food. It smells yummy like oranges, not like harsh chemicals...and it really works!

www.orangeguard.com/
[notify]

Maisy

Can I sit on- your lap?

Purred: Fri Aug 24, '07 4:06pm PST 
Thanks for everyones help! I ended up finding the Orange Guard stuff at Ace. Hopefully it will do the trick!
[notify]